new member - Scott Williams

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

new member - Scott Williams

Post by Navy Lifer »

Scott Williams, (screen name HACK), is a name some of you--current & past B-body owners--may be familiar with. Way back when, in the late 90's/early 2k's, Scott began making taillight upgrades and trunk kits for the 94-96 Impala SS & it's blood relatives. In 2000 he took his affiliation with HOTSS (Heart of Texas Impala SS Club) and made the bold step of starting the Impala SS Forum, which quickly became, and remains, the place to go for the "last generation" GM B-body owner when it comes to a technical data resource.

Scott is located in the Austin, Texas, area, and is continuing to work primarily in the automotive 12-volt world, with extensive experience in all things that could be imagined--he's the go-to guy.....and I've been in Austin for the past 2 days taking advantage of his expertise.

Once I'm back home I'll give a full report and topic update for some of the specific mods that have already been discussed in NCF and about what has been done to the Harper PPV while here in TX. Lots of pictures, hopefully some will be useful.

In the meantime, Scott won't likely be a frequent poster, but he can be reached now through this Forum. He has worked on Steve Eckart's--and now our--Caprice, and has learned quickly how to come up with solutions for some of the problems we face (such as how to work around the BCM in some cases) and I know everyone here will benefit from his knowledge & experience if you make the effort to reach him or if you might arrange to have him work on your car.

Welcome, Scott!
Dal

Re: new member - Scott Williams

Post by Dal »

hey scott, nice to see you on the list. as you know we go back about 15 years and many car shows, so hope you enjoy the forum visits, hope to see you again one of these days
dal slabaugh
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Great to see B-Body legends take interest in these cars. Welcome aboard guys.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
HACK

Post by HACK »

It's nice to see that we don't lose our love for cars, it just moves to the next level. As Bill said I might not be here all the time but I have developed an interest for these cars. I have worked on Steve's car and now Bill's. It's been fun learning new tricks. Hope to see all of yall around in the future. Maybe we should get you a class or two at Impalafest.....