Hello, from Lake Jackson, TX!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
LS_Drew

Hello, from Lake Jackson, TX!

Post by LS_Drew »

I just joined the forum, and am currently shopping for a Caprice. Any tips on locating a Caprice or an auction in Texas would be appreciated (I prefer to deal locally). My current vehicles are:
1995 Chevy Tahoe (2 Door) 4X4
1988 Chevy Light Duty 2500 (5spd)
I'm looking forward to meeting you, and learning more about the new Caprice!

-Drew
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Hello, from Lake Jackson, TX!

Post by smwalker »

Welcome Drew, good to have you.

One tip I will give you is Search Tempest. It's a site that scours all other sites for stuff for sale. Bit confusing to use at first but once you get good at it it is a really good tool. Especially for searching craigslist around your area.

Good Luck, check in often we are always posting up stuff we find for sale.

You see this one: http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5726529650.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gray 9C1 wth no spotlight. Bit high on the price but that can be negotiated , been up for 25 days.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
LS_Drew

Post by LS_Drew »

Thanks, smwalker! I am familiar with searchtempest, and do use it periodically. I have seen the Gray Caprice on craigslist, but it's out of my price range. I'm actually looking at a 2011 model locally, that seems like a great deal; I just wanted to see if there was anything else local before I pulled the trigger.
Thanks again!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I'm in Pearland, and have purchased two ex-police vehicles from Cop Cars Online, they're listed in the cars for sale section sticky. Had both shipped for about $600 each from Tampa. Great cars, both of them, so don't limit yourself.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
LS_Drew

Post by LS_Drew »

CrashTestDummy wrote:I'm in Pearland, and have purchased two ex-police vehicles from Cop Cars Online, they're listed in the cars for sale section sticky. Had both shipped for about $600 each from Tampa. Great cars, both of them, so don't limit yourself.
Thanks, Gene!
LS_Drew

Post by LS_Drew »

Well, tomorrow I will be looking at a few different cars, and if I don't decide to buy one of them, I will be purchasing the 2011 Caprice PPV I've been looking at. (As long as no one buys it before I do). I'll be looking at a '99 Trans Am (6spd, cammed, etc), a '99 Z28 (6spd, mild mods), an '04 CTS-V 6spd (The most expensive car I'm looking at), Possibly an '08 Tahoe PPV, and a '99 Ford F-350 FX4 Diesel (just because).
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Hmm, we have a '95 Z28 convertible for sale. Comes complete with a LT4/6 spd. Yes, 381 cu. in. LT4 with almost too much cam. Two sets of wheels, one set is Vette replicas with new Nittos on them. Tons of extra parts, like the LS1 front brake parts, coil-overs, etc.

But it seems you're looking for something LS*, or diesel.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
LS_Drew

Post by LS_Drew »

Sounds like an awesome car, Gene! I'd be tempted if it wasn't a convertible. And yes, I'm primarily looking for an LS car. Thanks for the info, though!
9C1fanatic

Post by 9C1fanatic »

Welcome to the forum! Im up the road near San Antonio. Good luck on the vehicle purchase. They all seem like good choices but you wont be sorry getting the Caprice! Also, I like the nice collection of GMT 400 trucks you have. Ive got a 1991 C1500 with a 5 speed that Im looking into doing the L31 vortec swap. Let us know what you end up getting.
Garner Ames

1975 Pontiac Grand Am L77 - 14.82 @ 92.89
1991 Chevrolet C1500 L31 Vortec/5 Speed
2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LM7
2014 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 L77 - 13.60 @ 105.87
2019 Chevrolet Express 3500 L96
LS_Drew

Post by LS_Drew »

Thanks, Garner!
Well, after looking at the three cars I had planned to look at yesterday, I happened to see a clean '01 Trans Am with a For Sale sign on it. I chased it down, found it at a CVS pharmacy drive through, and found out it only has 33K miles! It's an Auto Trans. car, but I'm now leaning toward it because of the low mileage and condition.