New member from Las Vegas, NV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
WHEELHOUSE702

New member from Las Vegas, NV

Post by WHEELHOUSE702 »

Ex G8 GT owner. Always wanted another, and remembered the "new Caprice". Has way more cool factor, so I'm currently shopping for one. Going to buy cash, so needs to be in the 5-7K range if anyone has any leads. I'm living on the public surplus auctions right now. I have my eyes on the cammed one in Texas listed in the for sale section. Almost ready to just pull the trigger on it.
Holden_buff

Re: New member from Las Vegas, NV

Post by Holden_buff »

Welcome to the group! If you can find a good car for $5k to $7k, that would be awesome, but I think if you're looking for one that you won't have to dump a ton more into on parts, you should raise your budget to $7k to $9k. Even at that price, you'll likely get a high mileage car with lots of scratches, dents, upfitting drill holes and missing odds and end parts from the upfitting being removed. I've purchased two and I had to move my budget into the high teens to get one with decent miles and no upfitting. These cars are going for about $2k to $10k less than a comparable G8 GT in my area though, so there is a good value to be had. Best of luck with your search and I'm excited to see what you end up getting!
2011 Chevy Caprice PPV X 2
2006 Pontiac GTO
2009 Honda Civic Si
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! There's plenty of auctions going on as well as cars for sale, check the resources in the sticky post in the "for sale" section and you can find a good percentage of the Caprices in the wild needing homes.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

I have been searching for awhile, only found a couple under 10k, they were all V6 cars. Auction would great place to find one, but seems to me they are still bringing more than 10 for anything decent.
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.