Hello from Detroit!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
jwallace

Hello from Detroit!

Post by jwallace »

Greetings, fellow Caprice fans. I've been lurking for a while, gathering information on the new Chevy PPV for the potential future purchase of one of these outstanding cars. I've learned quite a bit from the posters here and would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their input. This is definitely the go to site for everything PPV and I learn something new every time I visit. I am a former owner of a really nice '95 9c1 until it was stolen from me. I still have a,knot in my stomach every time I think of my car being out there somewhere, almost like a lost pet. Anyway, that's my basic story and the main reason I was lurking was I was in no position to purchase even the least expensive Caprice available but my situation will be changing soon and I may begin actively searching for a replacement for my beloved '95. I have my search narrowed down pretty finely and have sadly missed out on 4 or 5 that would have been suitable. Fortunately I'm not in a big hurry so I can wait until the right one pops up. I'm willing to travel pretty much anywhere so distance isn't an issue. My search parameters are: 9c3, V8 obviously, mostly any color but white, preferably grey, blue, silver or black. Low,mileage, not sure how many are around with factory warranty but that's a plus, srock preferable but some mods acceptable. In a nutshell, kind of looking for a cream puff. So, we'll see how things go. I have a couple of other candidates from different brands that I like a lot but the right Caprice would probably be my preference. Thanks again for sharing your collective knowledge, I have found it invaluable.
Regards, JW
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Hello from Detroit!

Post by Pursuit »

JW, welcome to the group! Yes there is a lot of good info and people here. The 9C3 is the most sought after and was only produced for three years (2011,12 &13) However the numbers produced in 2012 and 2013 are a lot smaller. We just don't see many '12 or '13 9C3's pop up for sale. Best bet is to keep an eye out on our "for sale" forum.
And, there are more than a few people here that currently own or used to own a 9C1 B-body. I bought a very nice 95 from a fellow member here. I have over 222,000 miles on it now.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof