New owner-Bremerton, WA

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
fattire

New owner-Bremerton, WA

Post by fattire »

Recently bought a 2011 PPV detective model with 594 miles ($18500). looking to learn a little from the other owners, maybe they can help answer some questions.
xcidmigs

Re: New owner-Bremerton, WA

Post by xcidmigs »

That's a GREAT price if you mean a 9c3 car with that low miles, whats the story there?
fattire

Post by fattire »

xcidmigs wrote:That's a GREAT price if you mean a 9c3 car with that low miles, whats the story there?
Yup, 9c3. It was never sold or used by a police agency, so I would assume it's overstock. Carfax only has 2 entries: the day it was manufactured and the day it was sold at pacnorwest auto auction. Dealer planned on buying this one himself, so he put on aftermarket honeycomb style racing wheels on and let me keep the steelies. Also, the dealer did a cat delete on the back two cats so it's got a good sound.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

so you got a full warranty on that then?
fattire

Post by fattire »

xcidmigs wrote:so you got a full warranty on that then?
Warranties are based on time and miles from factory. All I have left from that is less than a year if power train. I got the dealer full coverage for 2400 though. Oh, it was a legit chevy dealer too, not some trailer on a parking lot style salesman
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

That's an awesome deal. My 9c3 is at 22k miles.
Robert

2011 Caprice 9C3 Alto Gray
fattire

Post by fattire »

What can you tell me about supercharging a 9c3?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome to the system! Nice deal on a 9C3 and nice find as well.

We've got a few subject matter experts on high horsepower here. The horsepower capacity is proportional to the size of the wallet, always remember that one. You going for a track car with your ride?

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
fattire

Post by fattire »

It was just an idea I was throwing around 8-) . Top priority now is to unlock the stereo. Thanks for the welcome!
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

It's expensive, I bought mine this way. It's the same supercharger as a G8. I think the kit was $7-8k, but refer to the people that did it themselves.
Robert

2011 Caprice 9C3 Alto Gray