new guy in Maryland

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
mercialogo

Re: new guy in Maryland

Post by mercialogo »

Hey Crashtest. have you adjusted the Caster or toe on yours? I am trying to figure out where I need to set mine before my first run next season.
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

After the coilover install, I did set the front to about -1/4-deg camber, and the toe-in to about 1/8". I did not adjust caster, but the car seems to have a bit more after the install. I haven't had the car on course yet to see how those settings work, or driven it to work to see how the settings work on the road. I'll update as I get more miles on the car.

I did not touch the settings on the rear, although I probably should have, since the LCA has to come loose at the steering knuckle to facilitate the strut R&R. I should probably at least check those settings.

I also did not install the new front sway bar. I originally thought that we could easily do it with the front strut out, and all the associated things attached to it unbolted, but no, you really need to have the front LCA loose, OR, the power steering lines all loose and the car way up off the ground to do that, or so it seems.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

Hey all, I posted some info about an upcoming Holden meet next month in Maryland. Check the link for that post for info.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1984
-Kase
Maryland