Newbie - non owner from WI

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
H1tow3r

Newbie - non owner from WI

Post by H1tow3r »

Looking to purchase 2011-.. low mileage Caprice
Any suggestions of where to go or stay away from for purchase?
12vPowered

Re: Newbie - non owner from WI

Post by 12vPowered »

Where in Wisconsin are you? I'm in Racine. I would stay away from welcome motors in Chicago. I looked at a few caprices there before i bought mine and they were just very shady and dishonest about what the cars needed
2012 9c1 20k miles, Holden grill/ badges, radio unlock, g8 rear seat and camaro 20s.... For now
1995 Ram 2500 Cummins 5spd wannabe race truck money pit
1993 Honda Prelude iron (rust) painted car
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! Most low-mile cars are going to come from dealers unfortunately. You can find low mile cars sometimes as private party sales, but if you're looking for unsold inventory or demos I'd monitor the AutoTrader link. Of course, it's also relative to what you consider low miles to be. There are nice cars out there with higher miles (under 100K) but you have to be diligent in your searching.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

CLOSELY inspect any vehicle that has been in service up there. The car can look great underneath, but have some hidden issues. Our '12 came from Wisconsin. It looks awesome, even underneath, but the dealer had significant issues doing some recall work with the rear suspension cradle bolts. Apparently one was rusted pretty badly. When I swapped out the aux. battery for a smaller unit, I ended up breaking the ground bolt. It goes into the floor of the trunk, and was rusted stuck.

A good indicator of how the car will be is to look at the expansion joints on the exhaust system (that steel mesh stuff) under the rear lower control arms. That stuff doesn't last as long as the rest of the car if it's been exposed to salt.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
H1tow3r

Post by H1tow3r »

Thanks for the tips.
I live in Caledonia, relatively close to Racine. I will be sure to steer away from welcome motors.
As far as low mileage I was thinking under 100K and 10-15k price range will keep it in the budget.
I've been looking at G8s, but price they are getting for cars pushing 10 years old..

Very few rear wheel drive modern cars are designed to fit a tall driver and passengers, the G8 is almost there the extra room in the Caprice makes it a better choice. I'm hunting patiently hopefully by the end of the year early next year I'll have one.

Thanks again

Eric
12vPowered

Post by 12vPowered »

H1tow3r wrote: I live in Caledonia, relatively close to Racine.
No shit. Small world. I used to live in Caledonia, now I'm off of Douglas in Racine. If you see me in my black 9c1 say hi! I'd be more than willing to let you take my car for a spin if youd like to see how they drive
2012 9c1 20k miles, Holden grill/ badges, radio unlock, g8 rear seat and camaro 20s.... For now
1995 Ram 2500 Cummins 5spd wannabe race truck money pit
1993 Honda Prelude iron (rust) painted car
jackleg

Post by jackleg »

Cheyka Motors in Schofield WI has 3 '13s posted on thier website. Not low miles but they are silver (the best color!)
One is listed "detective" but the console indicates otherwise.
Good luck!
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune
Schul274

Post by Schul274 »

So small world, I'm from Sturtevant and in just getting in the market for one of these Caprices. Must be a Racine thing. How do they handle in the winter? Where did you guys get yours from? Chicago?
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Welcome Motors isn't good? Damn!
I test drove one of Cheyka's Silver Caprices but it was sale pending at the time. I can't remember the name of the Gentlman I talked to but he was a true car guy. If only they could find me a Black '11. I would buy from them in a heartbeat.

The 2011 at Terry's Auto in PA was beyond shady.

My next choice was at Welcome Motors until I did this search. Now I don't know.

We're looking for a Black 2011 only for the rear speakers.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.