New Guy

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Rick4345

New Guy

Post by Rick4345 »

Hi,

I came into this site by way from LS1 Tech. I am a state trooper in Illinois. I received a 2012 PPV back in March. It's my last new car as I will be retiring in about three years. I thought the 1995 Impala was the car. This one has it beat by a long shot. I put about 4000 miles a month on my car. I think it's going to be one of the best cars for police work that we have had. I've been a car nut as long as I can remember. I am an instructor for the TireRack Street Survival program. I have been a police officer for 32 years now. I served eight of those years as a K9 handler in the US Air Force. I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone and learning something about my new ride.
greasychevy

Re: New Guy

Post by greasychevy »

Welcome. I heard some places in Illinois were getting the PPVs. Im a few miles across the river in North St. louis.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Welcome, Rick!

Great to have more law enforcement participation--there's plenty we're all still learning about the PPV.

What region or division are you currently assigned to with ISP?

Technically I'm "from" Illinois myself, since I was born in Cairo--a few years back - 1951 to be exact. The hospital there, where I was born, has been closed for years and today (if it hasn't been razed) looks like a bombed-out building somewhere in the Middle East, but that's only part of the sad story of Cairo IL--off topic.

If you are able, please tell us more about your relationship with Tire Rack (realizing many of us will need tires in the future!)--had not heard of the program you mention, sounds interesting.

A PPV "meet" would definitely be something to look forward to at some point in the future....just so it's not along side of the road somewhere in IL!

There is going to be a G.O.N.E. (G8/GTO/Holden Owners National Event) in the Quad Cities area in September - on the Iowa side, I think - and PPV's are welcome, if you happen to be based anywhere near there (whether you might be able to bring the work car or not). Not sure who, if anyone, may be going this year....and the event is moving to Texas next year, from what I've read.

http://g8gone.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad to have you aboard, officer!
Rick4345

Post by Rick4345 »

I work in District 10. It consists of nine counties. We are the largest district area wise in Illinois. Our district is a mixture of anything from Amish communities to cities such as Champaign, home of the University of Illinois. As far as my relationship with TireRack. I am a driving instructor for a program of which TireRack is the chief sponsor, designed to teach drivers from the ages of 15 to 21 some of the finer points of how to control their cars in various situations. I came to the program through the BMW Car Club of America. I own a 2012 BMW 328i. It's my retirement present to myself a few years early......I have been an instructor for about four years. I do it on a volunteer basis, as do all the instructors. The schools are held all over the country. The drivers use their own cars. We don't try to make race car drivers out of them by far. I am proud to say that of the students that we have had, none of them have been involved in an accident that resulted in a fatality. I HIGHLY recommend the class to anyone in the age group. We greatly encourage the parents to be involved. If you need anything to convince you to look into the class, we have students whose parents come from racing backgrounds. I can think of Scott Goodyear, Indy Car driver had his daughter attend. If you think you know someone who may be interested you can look it up at http://www.tirerackstreetsurvival.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Rick, Welcome! Thanks for joining! We are all from different backgrounds and respect the serious side of this great car. We have a lot of questions regarding several areas of the Caprice. Your "car guy" enthusiasm combined with the Caprice being your rolling "office" is a great combination! Look forward to future Q and A.
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Hey Rick!

Welcome to the group!

I was up in Illionois for about 6 months... I work for Klein Tools... we moved some of their manufacturing down here to Texas.

You, myself, and one other member are the only 2012's on here... :-)

Later,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Welcome, Rick

Damn Bill, you are old!! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
AACoPD05

Post by AACoPD05 »

Welcome Rick. Lets see some picts of your ride. Here is mine (scroll half way down).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7&start=20
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey Rick, welcome to our little happy home for all of us Caprice drivers. Hope you enjoy use of the Caprice and that we can make participation here beneficial for you.

I will only prevail on you for one favor.... make sure to spread the word that the system exists. We've had very poor penetration into the LEO community so far, they're the largest group of people driving these cars. It's nice to have a system where you can "unofficially" talk about the rides and not be under the thumb of a fleet manager or associated admin types....

Thanks much and again, welcome!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new ride. I know I like mine. I have the 9C3 Detective version, so I have a console and full wheel covers. Wish I had a spotlight though. :D
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens