New Guy in Central VA

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
garrett

New Guy in Central VA

Post by garrett »

Longtime GTO/G8/Holden fan, currently looking at buying a Caprice PPV. I am going to look at a white 2012 9C3 (I think?) sometime this week. I was amazed to see one for sale locally, and for such a good price.

Really excited, can't wait to get the deal done. Glad to have found this forum!
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New Guy in Central VA

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! It has the 9C3 full wheel covers, now if the shifter is in the center of the console with the window switches just below it, you've got yourself a 9C3. Not a bad price, as long as it's not been run into the ground you might just have a good deal there!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
garrett

Post by garrett »

Well, ended up pulling the trigger on the car. It is in fact a 9c1. Its only been a day but I'm already loving it. The car appears to have been well maintained, some minor cosmetic blemishes but nothing that can't be fixed pretty easily. Next step is going to be some dyno tuning to get it running a little sharper.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Yeah, I'm starting to conclude that if it's a Caprice, it's called a 'detective's' car. It doesn't matter if it's a 9C1 or 9C3. I guess they figure if it's a Tahoe, Crown Vic, or Explorer, then it's a police patrol vehicle.

I've seen several resellers who specialize in retired police vehicle who without fail call the Caprice the Detective car.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?