Potential New Owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
my bandit

Potential New Owner

Post by my bandit »

Hey yall, I'm not new to the Holden world (08 G8 GT, 09 G8 GT supercharged, 09 G8 GXP supercharged, 14 Chevy SS also supercharged and now a Holden Ute). But I need a new daily and I figured why the hell not! But I'm currently deciding between one that's been de-policed or one that still retains everything (cage, radio, lights, etc.). What option would you have gone with? Say they are the same mileage and you have a full G8 interior to put in if you wanted. Would you pay the extra $3-4k for a fully outfitted one with the same miles?
xcidmigs

Re: Potential New Owner

Post by xcidmigs »

I don't understand what you are asking? You are considering buying a fully equiped Police car that you would need to remove all that stuff from and install a g8 interior or you mean a 9c1 package vs buying a 9c3?
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Most of the PDs will pull their upfitter equipment out so they can install it in the replacement. That's several thousand dollars of equipment, so you're not likely to get it. I have found some vehicles for sale by 3rd parties with the equipment still in it, but they will then only sell the vehicle to another PD or Security company.

If you have a full G8 interior to install, you should opt for one that's had the upfitter equipment removed. It'll make your job easier. You _could_ get one still equipped, and try to sell the upfitter equipment off, but the market is pretty small, specialized, and a PD is not likely to purchase used equipment from a private individual.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
my bandit

Post by my bandit »

xcidmigs wrote:I don't understand what you are asking? You are considering buying a fully equiped Police car that you would need to remove all that stuff from and install a g8 interior or you mean a 9c1 package vs buying a 9c3?
Nope I'm talking about one with everything still in it and retaining it while modifying a G8 interior to fit around it all. Or buying one without all of the equipment in it. Either one would pretty much be a 9c1
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

No idea where you would buy a fully equipped Patrol car and if you could why you would want that junk to remain in the car?
Do you mean to drive around with a prisoner cage, light bar on roof etc? Whats the point besides losing comfort and causing traffic to slow down around you? I love guys that have stuff like a spotlight on a all unmarked car, or rear door bars that you can see only when you roll the rear windows down but seriously what are you going for? Also the idea of "Adapting" a G8 interior to go around that stuff like how? The 9c1 consoles that are out there would have to be removed to do the G8 console again I'm not understanding something I guess?
Regardless I don't know anyone who would pay more for the same exact car miles etc which they want to modify for a more civilian look but have to first guy of all the PD stuff.
my bandit

Post by my bandit »

xcidmigs wrote:No idea where you would buy a fully equipped Patrol car and if you could why you would want that junk to remain in the car?
Do you mean to drive around with a prisoner cage, light bar on roof etc? Whats the point besides losing comfort and causing traffic to slow down around you? I love guys that have stuff like a spotlight on a all unmarked car, or rear door bars that you can see only when you roll the rear windows down but seriously what are you going for? Also the idea of "Adapting" a G8 interior to go around that stuff like how? The 9c1 consoles that are out there would have to be removed to do the G8 console again I'm not understanding something I guess?
Regardless I don't know anyone who would pay more for the same exact car miles etc which they want to modify for a more civilian look but have to first guy of all the PD stuff.
Part of me would just think it's cool. Plus the car wouldn't remain anywhere near stock so my arrogant self would love to throw the lights on at the end of the track (roof lights wil be removed for legal reasons)

But the reason I'd keep the cage in the back is for the dogs. Get done at the beach and just put them in the back and not have to worry about anything. The window cages would keep them from jumping out also.

The 9c1 console would be removed and replaced with a G8 one (with parking brake) to mimic a 9c3. How it would match up if I had the cage would be the part to adapt of there was any issues. Seats would also be replaced.