New Caprice PPV Owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
tfarrison

New Caprice PPV Owner

Post by tfarrison »

Hello,

I just recently became the owner of a 2015 Chevrolet Caprice PPV with 1651 miles on the odometer. The dealer explained that it was a GM demonstration model. The vehicle is meant to replace a 2004 Mercury Marauder which I was driving until it died as a result of seized engine. Didn't notice that it did not have a front license plate bracket until the day after I drove it home. I intend to install the center console from Nenno Products, and of course the license plate bracket this week. Eventually, I would like to add some 12 volt outlets, and USB ports ( for charging devices only).
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New Caprice PPV Owner

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome, nice find on a low mile demo. My former car was a 9C3 fleet demo, but it had roughly 9K miles on it when I purchased. Now that production is ending, the demo supply will probably start drying up, no need to demo an out-of-production car. The 2015 model is the better as opposed to the 2014 since it's got the backing cam installed OEM. Options started drying up in 2016/2017.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
tfarrison

Re: New Caprice PPV Owner

Post by tfarrison »

2606.jpeg
2606.jpeg (267.19 KiB) Viewed 6776 times
Picture of vehicle on dealer's lot, the day I drove it home.