picture post how to ?

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
bluethunder

picture post how to ?

Post by bluethunder »

How do I post a picture ? sorry Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: picture post how to ?

Post by smwalker »

Well the first thing we apparently need to do for this board is size the pictures right. I find it's easiest when actually taking the picture to put the camera/phone settings on "small" picture. If it is too large look into how to resize it. THere are online tools to help with that. I always take pictures to Uner 900 Pixels wide and those seem to fit in the message screen the best

Once you got the picture small you got a few options.
You could just use the board "upload attachment" feature. This will put the pic at the bottom of the message or if you use the "place Inline" button you can insert the pic among your text.

Downside to attachments is only members of the board can view the pictures. Not helpful to people searching and coming across a related issue and wanting to see how we approached fixing it. THis is the reason I do not use the attachment feature.

I go an extra step and host my pictures on another image site and link to them within the message using the "Img" button when writing a message. I use Imgur.com but many sites offer this feature. The added benifit is they have editing and markup tools to draw and type on the pictures if need be. You can also resize very easy and crop them to only show a certain part of the photo.

S0 here is an imgur picture (500 wide by 300 tall) linked in from imgur:

And attachment at the bottom.
Attachments
This is an  emblem off a new Caprice
This is an emblem off a new Caprice
Screenshot 2017-06-04 at 10.53.09 AM.png (208.91 KiB) Viewed 6329 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: picture post how to ?

Post by smwalker »

Ah correction I just logged out and could still see the attachment so maybe our board allows nonmembers to see pictures. Very nice. SOmeone else test to make sure it's just my computer that allows it since i posted it??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White