New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to the system! Please note pictures are limited to 1280 x 1024 max resolution by forum policy. Larger pictures are subject to being moderated without warning. Please see the stickied post in the general discussion forum for more information.

Post subject: New 2011 PPV Owner
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:57 pm 

I bought my car, 2011 PPV out of Texas with 101,000 miles on it, a few weeks ago and the first thing I did was to tear out the radio and send it to Chris for the flash. Now I'm going through and fixing the minor and major issues that the idiots who took all the police gear out left behind :cry: I'll be posting some pics of the radio and USB cable install, props to Steve for the USB cable, along with some of the other things I've done thus far. Looking forward to being a part of the group and making improvements to the car. Major upgrades on the horizon are to install long tube Kooks and do the DOD delete with a Cam bump.

Post subject: Re: New 2011 PPV Owner
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:51 am 
System Manager

Welcome, sounds like you've got a good handle on things. Remember to fill all the holes left behind from the police equipment under the mat/carpet, or you could have a wet floor in the future. Glad you got your radio done early.

Eric

System Manager and your tourguide for the day. Caprice Alumni, former owner of a 2011 Caprice 9C3 with a Rotofab CAI and front radiator cover, 3.45 LSD Camaro rear diff, Chris Henry performance tune, G8 GT 18" Enkei rims w/Holden lions, custom SLP axle-back muffler set with tips, Holden WM Caprice factory spoiler, Holden SSV leather steering wheel and leather shift knob, Whelen Alpha-12Q airhorn amp. G8 GT rear seat swap, AVS Ventshades.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:32 pm 

Yeap, the first job I tackled after getting the radio out was to weld up the 5 accesory holes on the body and get the headliner replaced since the glue was failing and the cream colored cloth looked terrible. I went back with an ebony that matches the dash pretty well and it looks a million times better. The visor support clips were broken off when I got the car and those are the only headliner assiociated part I'm still missing and man is GM proud of those stupid things. They want $30 a pop for a piece of plastic the size of a quarter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:16 pm 

I would love to see what it looks like with the new headliner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:06 am 

ObvslySublime wrote:
I would love to see what it looks like with the new headliner

Steve had asked me to do a thread of my radio and USB install, I'll grab some pics of that as well and either add it in or put them in here.