New 2011 PPV Owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
ABrandenburg

New 2011 PPV Owner

Post by ABrandenburg »

I bought my car, 2011 PPV out of Texas with 101,000 miles on it, a few weeks ago and the first thing I did was to tear out the radio and send it to Chris for the flash. Now I'm going through and fixing the minor and major issues that the idiots who took all the police gear out left behind :cry: I'll be posting some pics of the radio and USB cable install, props to Steve for the USB cable, along with some of the other things I've done thus far. Looking forward to being a part of the group and making improvements to the car. Major upgrades on the horizon are to install long tube Kooks and do the DOD delete with a Cam bump.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New 2011 PPV Owner

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome, sounds like you've got a good handle on things. Remember to fill all the holes left behind from the police equipment under the mat/carpet, or you could have a wet floor in the future. Glad you got your radio done early.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
ABrandenburg

Post by ABrandenburg »

Yeap, the first job I tackled after getting the radio out was to weld up the 5 accesory holes on the body and get the headliner replaced since the glue was failing and the cream colored cloth looked terrible. I went back with an ebony that matches the dash pretty well and it looks a million times better. The visor support clips were broken off when I got the car and those are the only headliner assiociated part I'm still missing and man is GM proud of those stupid things. They want $30 a pop for a piece of plastic the size of a quarter.
ObvslySublime

Post by ObvslySublime »

I would love to see what it looks like with the new headliner
ABrandenburg

Post by ABrandenburg »

ObvslySublime wrote:I would love to see what it looks like with the new headliner

Steve had asked me to do a thread of my radio and USB install, I'll grab some pics of that as well and either add it in or put them in here.