New 2012 owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
hellhammer

New 2012 owner

Post by hellhammer »

Hello,
I just acquired my first PPV and have already fallen in love with it. I thought it would be an inexpensive way to play with an LS platform but I think I'm going to leave it just the way it is. This car was a Washington state highway car and though it has 100k on the odometer, the hours are under 5k and it has low idle time, plus the seats and interior don't reflect the mileage. I'm hoping the drivetrain continues to reflect a car of lesser mileage as well :-). I was an early adopter of the GTO and got caught up in the hype and over paid for what turned out to be a horrible love/hate relationship. At the price point the GTO was never a good feel car. The PPV on the other hand already owes me little. Another scratch, ding, regular maintenance item, etc no worries.

Having said that, does anyone have any contacts on obtaining the badging and trim used on the Chinese Buick Park Ave versions of our cars? I'm and old school Buick guy and that would be the icing on the cake to re-badge the PPV.

I've owned several `64 - `71 Buicks as well as many other classics. My first LS car was a 2000 Z-28 LS1 Auto which ran a 12.99. Then I progressed to the 2004 GTO LS1 M6 which ran a 13.09. My last LS car was a 2005 GTO LS2 M6 which ran a 12.76. Exhaust and free ram air were the only mods on each of the cars (`05 free ram air only). I was without an LS for the last 10 years.

Professionally, I was an air frame mechanic in the Navy in the 1990's for five years. Then a jack of all trades for eight years at TA Performance in Scottsdale, AZ. I also have a handful of years in the auto body industry. Served a second time in the military as a 40 year old infantryman with a very active deployment to Kunar, Afghanistan (2010/11). Now, I've finally got some education under my belt and work for Honeywell as an Instrumentation Technician in their Jet Engine Development Department.

Best Regards,
Dave
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: New 2012 owner

Post by smwalker »

Welcome Dave good to have your experience on the board! Yea we need to develop a park avenue source, just had a spattering of parts so far.

Glad you like your new ride, Enjoy!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

welcome aboard
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

hellhammer wrote:Hello,
I just acquired my first PPV and have already fallen in love with it. I thought it would be an inexpensive way to play with an LS platform but I think I'm going to leave it just the way it is. This car was a Washington state highway car and though it has 100k on the odometer, the hours are under 5k and it has low idle time, plus the seats and interior don't reflect the mileage. I'm hoping the drivetrain continues to reflect a car of lesser mileage as well :-). I was an early adopter of the GTO and got caught up in the hype and over paid for what turned out to be a horrible love/hate relationship. At the price point the GTO was never a good feel car. The PPV on the other hand already owes me little. Another scratch, ding, regular maintenance item, etc no worries.

Having said that, does anyone have any contacts on obtaining the badging and trim used on the Chinese Buick Park Ave versions of our cars? I'm and old school Buick guy and that would be the icing on the cake to re-badge the PPV.

I've owned several `64 - `71 Buicks as well as many other classics. My first LS car was a 2000 Z-28 LS1 Auto which ran a 12.99. Then I progressed to the 2004 GTO LS1 M6 which ran a 13.09. My last LS car was a 2005 GTO LS2 M6 which ran a 12.76. Exhaust and free ram air were the only mods on each of the cars (`05 free ram air only). I was without an LS for the last 10 years.

Professionally, I was an air frame mechanic in the Navy in the 1990's for five years. Then a jack of all trades for eight years at TA Performance in Scottsdale, AZ. I also have a handful of years in the auto body industry. Served a second time in the military as a 40 year old infantryman with a very active deployment to Kunar, Afghanistan (2010/11). Now, I've finally got some education under my belt and work for Honeywell as an Instrumentation Technician in their Jet Engine Development Department.

Best Regards,
Dave
Welcome, Dave! I'm a fan of Buicks, too. My first car was a 64 Riviera GS (although they didn't call it a GS then, it did have the GS options).
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
FzCobra

Post by FzCobra »

Welcome Dave,
Thanks for serving.
I've never owned a Buick, but I like them, I always admired those Grand Nationals and turbo Regals, and the looks of the current Lacrosse, just not the FWD.
My parents had an 89 Riviera that actually had a touchscreen in it. I took my driving test in it and the State Trooper was to busy playing with the touch screen to watch my driving, lol.

It would be great to have a hookup for the Buick version or even the short lived Daewoo Veritas, but dont know of one, language barrier might complicate it, and like Oz parts, the shipping.
-Rob
2012 9C3 Mirage Glow Metallic