Newbie from NY 9C1

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Karehandler

Newbie from NY 9C1

Post by Karehandler »

I own a 2011 Caprice 9C1 and I live in NY about an hour west of Buffalo. I first seen a 2012 9C1 Caprice at the Spring Carlisle Car Corral this year and got hooked... The write up said "4 door Camaro" fast and handles like one, and that got me intrigued. So I have been on the search for one ever since. Two came up in my area for sale in the Rochester NY area, and I went to look at one them. It was an old Town of Brighton Henrietta patrol car. Not sure if it had a cage in it, the back seat is in really nice shape unless it was taken out for something else. I bought it from a GM mechanic that worked at a dealership there and he bought it from a car auction. He had done some work to it, like replacing the wheel bearings, tie rod ends and upper strut bearings. He was going to just use it for a winter beater so not to drive his GTO through the winter then sell it. He was able to print out from his dealership all the maintenance and recall records. The motor has had the cam replaced at about 50k. It's had all the recalls done except for the seat belt tensioners and that's getting done tomorrow. The seat belt lights and chimes are always going on and off along with the airbag light. I have so far installed a Lokar transmission dip stick, changed all the fluids and filters. I have just now purchased the deeper trans pan and 2012 19" Camaro wheels. The car has 119,000 miles with no lifter noise. It runs smooth and tight and handles like a dream. I'm hooked!
The day I got her a few months ago...
The day I got her a few months ago...
car1.JPG (186.31 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
car2.JPG
car2.JPG (129.4 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
Just got these 2012 Camaro wheels a few weeks ago...
Just got these 2012 Camaro wheels a few weeks ago...
car4.JPG (248.21 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
car5.JPG
car5.JPG (210.06 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
Missing these side panels to the console and missing the round dome light...
Missing these side panels to the console and missing the round dome light...
car6.JPG (176.43 KiB) Viewed 6856 times
Curtis C

2011 Caprice 9c1 PPV
1967 RS Camaro
1969 SS350 Camaro
1970 Cutlass Convertable
1956 Chevrolet 210
1972 GMC Sprint
1986 IROC Camaro
1985 Berlinetta Camaro
Sorry 1946 Ford Coupe
CrashTestDummy

Re: Newbie from NY 9C1

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! Hehe, funny. They picked the 'ticket light' out of our car (your 'round dome light'), yet left the under-mirror strobes and one of the deck lid antennas. The strobes are each easily $40, and the antenna is ~$80. The dome light? $20. I know because I bought a new LED one to fill the hole.

I guess they got the easy stuff and either ran out of time, or "It was haaarrrd!"

NY seems to really like their white cars. Seems it'd be hard to see in a snow storm.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Apart from a few things, looks like you have a solid foundation there.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Karehandler

Post by Karehandler »

Thanks, If anyone knows where to get a dome light or the missing console pieces please let me know... I forgot to mention that when I was driving around with the spot light and steel wheels, people were sometimes driving 5 miles or more under the speed limit in front of me and one time someone was trying to aggressively pass me going over the speed limit. At that point I wanted to make my car look more normal by changing the wheels and taking off the spot light. We have an unmarked white Caprice in the next town over that I live, the only visible difference was they had a second spotlight on the passenger side. I think people thought my car was the same, as people that I didn't know would wave to me when driving through that town. I'm glad this site is available to Caprice owners...
Curtis C

2011 Caprice 9c1 PPV
1967 RS Camaro
1969 SS350 Camaro
1970 Cutlass Convertable
1956 Chevrolet 210
1972 GMC Sprint
1986 IROC Camaro
1985 Berlinetta Camaro
Sorry 1946 Ford Coupe