Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
427Turbojet

Post by 427Turbojet »

Hi, my name's Lyle, live just west of Minneapolis. Purchased a 2012 9c1 last weekend. Found this site while googling help for issues. Fixed no rear wdws with rear switches-found dummy connector under pass. bucket. Compass didn't work, found harness above dome light/sunglass holder. Two issues left, want auto headlights to work and dome light to come on with open doors. Tried programming with a Tech II but looks like it takes a vcm reprogram. Also interested in radio reprogramming, one step at a time. Started with a 79 Malibu 9c1 35 years ago. Loved that car but it rusted to dust. Took all the F41 suspension and put it in an 81 El Camino, made a fun car of that. Currently have 2 1995 Caprice 9c1s, a 1966 425hp 427 Corvette coupe a 1955 Nomad and a 1939 Chevy Sedan delivery. Have had the last 3 since the mid 70s. Did I mention I like Chevy's? Thanks for your help!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: New member

Post by smwalker »

Welcome Lyle, For the auto headlights check your light sensor at the top of the dash. Wonder if a department unplugged that if they did not want DRl's. Or wonder if that was another BCM reprogramming feature. Have to check the list.

Have Fun!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New member

Post by elc32955 »

GM is very, very unresponsive about reprogramming to eliminate the DRL's since it's a "safety feature". Last I checked, it took special dispensation directly from Mary Barra's office (at least that's how it seems!) to get authorization to have a BCM updated to 86 the DRL's.

On a serious note, agencies making a request on letterhead were generally able to get the reprogramming without much trouble. Never heard anyone yet trying to get the reverse flash... let us know how you proceed.

Welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.