2014 Caprice 9C1 in MI

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
SSubtle

2014 Caprice 9C1 in MI

Post by SSubtle »

I have been contemplating a Caprice daily/winter car for a while now to supplement my Chevy SS. I had the opportunity to toss one of these cars around at work and knew it would be a great addition. If I was going to pick one up it had to be a V8 2014 or newer for the interior appointments. When a few of these cars came up for auction I jumped at the opportunity to own a low mileage abet high idle hr car coming out of service.

Needless to say I am on my way to the Chicago area this morning to pick up the car and drive it back home to MI. I know the car will need a little love and I am looking forward to making it my own. The first step will be getting it home and cleaning her up. Once all of the cosmetic and safety issues are addressed it may get some performance upgrades.

I will post pictures when I can and look forward to working through the issues with y'all.

-Andrew
s/c'd cav

Re: 2014 Caprice 9C1 in MI

Post by s/c'd cav »

i like dailying my 14 , took my 16 SS out last night , alomst makes the ppv seam like a base stripper , lol

sad thing is the SS gets better mileage and is more comfy , lol
Attachments
ppv ss 2.jpg
ppv ss 2.jpg (527.4 KiB) Viewed 9731 times
SSubtle

Post by SSubtle »

I figured I wasn't the only person who had one of each!

Found lots of little stuff on my drive home but overall the car is as I expected it to be. Drive train is silent, so for now it will remain stock until I take are of all the other issues at which point I will probably go though and do the DOD delete.

The to-do list includes:
Detail
Replace Drivers Seatbelt
Aim Headlights
Hook Up Horn
Hook Up Auto Headlights
Find USB
Check All Fluids
Check Brakes
Check Suspension
Check A/C System
- Compressor
- Hoses
- Recharge
Look Into Console Options
Attachments
Couldn't resist stopping by Joliet after picking the car up in the Chicago area.
Couldn't resist stopping by Joliet after picking the car up in the Chicago area.
IMG_0018 (Large).JPG (444 KiB) Viewed 9615 times
Last edited by SSubtle on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

looks good ! i think there is a few that have both , and lot of us who have owned all of the US holden models , though i still wish i had my G8GT still , ive still got the gto's

ive got to swap in the SS steering wheel , then see what all needs to be done for manual/paddle shift , when i pull everything out to send to him , ill dig the USB out , and figure out what i need to do for the rev cam

be careful backing into spots the tail is longer than it looks , lol
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Check the recall list on that car. There's a recall on the front seatbelts on some models, you may get that seatbelt done on GM's dime. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
SSubtle

Post by SSubtle »

Thanks gents!

I will be doing the SS steering wheel as soon as I can source one without the paddles and the reverse cam is definitely on the to do list.

Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it my seat belts are not on the recall list.

I took some time this weekend to thoroughly clean the interior of the car and I have been extremely happy with the results. Brake fluid and diff fluid have been changed as well as the AC recharged which allowed me to located the leaky hose. Will keep y'all updated as I progress.