Cheyka Motors in Wisconsin

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Greasy

Cheyka Motors in Wisconsin

Post by Greasy »

Bought a 2012 from these guys last Saturday. Called several times and talked to Chris before driving up. Chris was super easy to work with and made the whole deal go pretty smooth. Interior and under the hood was detailed extremely well. Exterior was a bit dirty and could use a good buff but overall pretty good. All antenna holes were plugged right. A couple screw holes were filled with white silicone. Came with five extra key/fobs which was a bonus. They even installed a matching back seat before throwing out on the lot. They do not provide car fax history though. They still had two white's and two silvers last time I checked.
No Moa

Re: Cheyka Motors in Wisconsin

Post by No Moa »

Congrats, i watch their site quite often just to see what coming up for sale, which one did you buy?
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
Greasy

Post by Greasy »

I got the white one with 108k. I ran car fax on all three white ones and this one had the most complete service history. All oil changes recorded. No huge gap between last service and auction date. Was able to track down the original surplus auctions for the caprices there except for one. So I knew ahead of time what they had into them.
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

Nice work! Post up some pics
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Greasy wrote:Bought a 2012 from these guys last Saturday. Called several times and talked to Chris before driving up. Chris was super easy to work with and made the whole deal go pretty smooth. Interior and under the hood was detailed extremely well. Exterior was a bit dirty and could use a good buff but overall pretty good. All antenna holes were plugged right. A couple screw holes were filled with white silicone. Came with five extra key/fobs which was a bonus. They even installed a matching back seat before throwing out on the lot. They do not provide car fax history though. They still had two white's and two silvers last time I checked.
THAT's where my extra set of keys and fob went to!! Our '12 came from the Wisconsin State Patrol, with only one key. It did have the remote start fob attached to the key fob, but only one key. :(
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Greasy

Post by Greasy »

I see my post was moved. I guess it could be considered an intro. Its real purpose was to provide a review for Cheyka Motors and let everybody know they have a few cars left. I'll post pictures once I figure out how.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi Greasy!

Welcome to the system, yes I did move your post since it was more of an intro and you hadn't posted one yet, and a review was off-topic for that section. The dealers that specialize in Caprice sales do not assist with sponsoring us nor do they participate in the forum system, so as a routine we don't carry advertisements or reviews for them or their cars. If it's a dealer that consistently has Caprice inventory, we do provide a link to the individual websites in a sticky post at the top of the "for sale" section as a service to assist people that might be looking to purchase cars. Last time I checked this dealer didn't have any Caprices on the lot, so that's why they didn't make the list. I just went in & added them.

Anyway, enough on that. As you know, make sure to pull your front carpet around the hump and also look at all the horizontal sheet metal in the trunk, you might find some swiss cheese that you have to plug up holes on. Installers sometimes use the principle of "drill three, use two" if they're a little bit off. And... when equipment leaves the car as it's deadlined for sale, it's rare for a removal crew to plug any holes except the NMO mount holes. If you're lucky.

But, good find on the car and congrats on the purchase!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Greasy

Post by Greasy »

Alright no problem. Just started installing the hitch today. Hit a snag, and posted in the tech lounge. Hopefully somebody can help. Here's pic from the day I brought it home.
Attachments
caprice 1 .jpg
caprice 1 .jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 12930 times
paul54

Post by paul54 »

elc32955 wrote:Hi Greasy!

Anyway, enough on that. As you know, make sure to pull your front carpet around the hump and also look at all the horizontal sheet metal in the trunk, you might find some swiss cheese that you have to plug up holes on. Installers sometimes use the principle of "drill three, use two" if they're a little bit off. And... when equipment leaves the car as it's deadlined for sale, it's rare for a removal crew to plug any holes except the NMO mount holes. If you're lucky.

Eric
LOL, my son: "I can see the road!".
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

At least they didn't drill into the tranny case... I've seen that happen on a few brand new patrol cars! "You mean that isn't covered under GM Warranty???" :cry: :cry:
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.