In the market so I figured I'd sign up and introduce myself

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
eagle-co94

In the market so I figured I'd sign up and introduce myself

Post by eagle-co94 »

I've been in the B-body community since 2000 when I bought my first 9C1. Having owned half a dozen B-bodies and done almost every typical mod I've been looking at the PPV's for a while. I was in the market last year but when I couldn't get a dealer lower than $25k I bought a hail damage 2012 Charger Pursuit (hemi) with 7 miles on it for $18k instead. That was great, but I decided to sell the car in order to get back to work on my Challenger SRT8 for my wife and get other projects moving again.

All the while my '96 SS 6-speed 396 has been waiting for a tune and decent exhaust. Well the exhaust is getting made so the tune will hopefully happen soon. Then I'll clean up the interior, get some new tires and get it repainted. I let it sit for about 3 years while I was overseas and that was not a good thing to do to the poor car. It's slowly getting the care it deserves so it can be put back on the road again.

Other than that I've got "a few" other car projects: '81 DeLorean, '85 Mini VTEC conversion, '05 CTS-V, '06 Magnum R/T and a few parts cars I need to finish moving to make room.

...I got a fever and the only prescription is another car... Hopefully it'll be a PPV.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: In the market so I figured I'd sign up and introduce mys

Post by Navy Lifer »

Welcome, James...good luck in your pursuit. The PPV brings some modding challenges compared to the (9C1) B-body version, but it's still quite a car.

You won't find nearly as much activity here as on ISSF, since the civilian PPV owner base is still fairly small. All in due time.

What did you ever do with that Langness spoiler you "stole" from me at a GoFASST Daytona spring meet a few years ago?!?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey James!

I think I've met you before at a Gofasst meet, I had a 95 9C1 in Blue that came out of Virginia SP. If I can do anything to help you along let me know. I'm the co-club coordinator for Gofasst right now along with Bob Borchers, Bob's getting out of the B-body circuit unfortunately. I'm up here in Rockledge, Brevard County.

Take care & welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome to the group. If we get a couple more FL cars we will HAVE to have a get together down there..
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Welcome!!!

Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Glad to have you here! Enjoy!
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500