Hi all from new 11 red hot 9c3 owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
K9Vic

Re: Hi all from new 11 red hot 9c3 owner

Post by K9Vic »

There was a dealer that I think had five 2011 9C3 that GM allowed them to sell to the general public that were never titled last month, Holiday Chevrolet. They were all new with almost zero miles, spotlight (yeah on a 9C3) and priced at $24,999. This was some of the very first ones off the boat in 2011 that were all 9C3, but they had ordered almost all of them with a spotlight. I think that hurt them as they could not be really affected as a undercover car, so probably why they sat in their lot for 2 years plus. They did sell them all in just a week or two, but I think mostly to either security companies or maybe cities for a deep discount.

I looked at one and got really close to pulling the trigger, but I could not afford $25K + TT&L and felt I could find something cheaper down the road and that did happen as you all know. One of the main reasons is my sales guy that I have bought three used Tahoe PPV/SSV from before could not give me a fair trade in on my 2009 Tahoe PPV that I bought from them 2 years prior. He knew it was in excellent condition and how I took care of my cars, but being a PPV he could not give me what it was really worth. Really great and honest dealership and simply said I just cannot price it to be fair to you. I actually traded in a 2005 Tahoe SSV I bought from them for the 2009, but being 4X4 they sold it in a week after trading it in. So I just decided to pass on the 9C3 and wait and three weeks later my used 2011 9C1 showed up on eBay and was local.

Oh, the reason these were never on Auto trader, eBay or other listing as they were posted from their police installer division Defender Supply via Facebook. This dealership has a large in house install company so they can sell turn key emergency vehicles, but the final sale was with the Chevy dealership.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

That had to be someone that was brain-dead that fitted spotlights on the 9C3's. But, the advantage there is if you repair the A-pillar on the outside and replace the plastic molding on the inside, you'd never know it was even installed. And then you can work a better discount by bemoaning the ruining of a good undercover car.... say it loudly enough and for long enough and you'll get the "let's shut the obnoxious guy up" discount to get you the heck out. Or my famous line of "Are you a car dealership or a car museum?" works as well.... LOL.... If Holiday held those cars for all this time it sounds like they fall into the latter category :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Post by gregc »

My 9C1 is the only 1 I've seen that wasn't optioned with a spotlight. All the 9C1s I've seen for sale or in service all have spotlights. Mine was a GM demo car that was up fitted for trade shows and possibly a press car. When they removed all the equipment off prior to auction, they never bothered to replace the interior panels and exterior panels they put holes in.