Hi all from new 11 red hot 9c3 owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
l77

Hi all from new 11 red hot 9c3 owner

Post by l77 »

Just got home, car had 96 miles on the clock when I picked her up, in my garage 970 miles later. Previously owned a G8 GT , been regretting selling her ever since. Have been lurking here for a while reading, thought now it is time to join and say hi ~ ~ ~
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Hi all from new 11 red hot 9c3 owner

Post by Navy Lifer »

I was just thinking about how relatively rare the red car is--I saw one in Paul's Valley OK back in June, actually in-service. Have seen no more, but I'm sure they're out there.

I77, as in NC or somewhere in the I-77 corridor?

96 miles--did a dealer sell it as used, or private party??? Do you have more history on where it's been for the past 2 years?

What dealer had it--if it was a dealer, and are there any more in their inventory?

How would you compare the 2 cars (G8 & Caprice) considering that G8 had quite a few content items that are not on the PPV?

Your location and name, if you don't mind!

Welcome aboard!
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

There was a red one listed on Autotrader at Burns Chevrolet Cadillac that is no longer listed, so was that the one?

They even listed it as red hot and I would love to have a red Caprice, I am jealous.

I know they had a red one that was being used for drive testing as seen on Youtube, hopefully that is not what this one was from.
l77

Post by l77 »

Yep I bought the car from Burns Chevrolet Cadillac, very likely the same car on Youtube ~ ~ ~ do you still have the link to that video?

I don't really care since the car has not been titled and comes with full warranty and I may get GM major guard down the road.
K9Vic wrote:There was a red one listed on Autotrader at Burns Chevrolet Cadillac that is no longer listed, so was that the one?

They even listed it as red hot and I would love to have a red Caprice, I am jealous.

I know they had a red one that was being used for drive testing as seen on Youtube, hopefully that is not what this one was from.
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
l77

Post by l77 »

Thanks Navy Lifer, 'red hot' is the same as 'liquid red', 6243 G8s (ranks 2nd after panther black metallic) were built in that color per this thread, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), mod feel free to remove the url if I am not supposed to link to another forum. I kinda wondered what kind of PD will buy red cars for their detectives:)

My user name is 'L77' as our engine, a modified L76 that is E85 capable. The car was sold to me as new ~ ~ ~ I had been working with City Chevrolet in Charlotte, NC on a silver 9c3 and Burns Chevrolet in SC on their white 9c3, unfortunately both were sold (the silver one is still on autotrader for some reason) just before I decided to pull the trigger.

G8s look much nicer, that's for sure. Despite of the longer wheelbase and the extra ~200lbs both car feel quite similar in handling, the Caprice seems to be tuned slightly more aggressive and has a stiffer suspension. My Caprice comes with narrower tires (235/50R18 , G8 with 18" wheels are 245/45R18) both are crappy Goodyear RSAs.

BTW I am in Wisconsin, any fellow Wisconsinites here?

Navy Lifer wrote:I was just thinking about how relatively rare the red car is--I saw one in Paul's Valley OK back in June, actually in-service. Have seen no more, but I'm sure they're out there.

I77, as in NC or somewhere in the I-77 corridor?

96 miles--did a dealer sell it as used, or private party??? Do you have more history on where it's been for the past 2 years?

What dealer had it--if it was a dealer, and are there any more in their inventory?

How would you compare the 2 cars (G8 & Caprice) considering that G8 had quite a few content items that are not on the PPV?

Your location and name, if you don't mind!

Welcome aboard!
Last edited by l77 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
jat63

Post by jat63 »

l77 wrote:Thanks Navy Lifer, 'red hot' is the same as 'liquid red', 6243 G8s (ranks 2nd after panther black metallic) were built in that color per this thread, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), mod feel free to remove the url if I am not supposed to link to another forum. I kinda wondered what kind of PD will buy red cars for their detectives:)
the red cars may have been intended for fire departments, but no one was interested

Jason
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! Glad you found us! It will be interesting to hear your comparisons to the G8. I have been comparing our PPV tune to the G8's. Fuel and spark are pretty much the same.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

l77 wrote:Thanks Navy Lifer, 'red hot' is the same as 'liquid red', 6243 G8s (ranks 2nd after panther black metallic) were built in that color per this thread, http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), mod feel free to remove the url if I am not supposed to link to another forum. I kinda wondered what kind of PD will buy red cars for their detectives:)

My user name is 'L77' as our engine, a modified L76 that is E85 capable. The car was sold to me as new ~ ~ ~ I had been working with City Chevrolet in Charlotte, NC on a silver 9c3 and Burns Chevrolet in SC on their white 9c3, unfortunately both were sold (the silver one is still on autotrader for some reason) just before I decided to pull the trigger.

G8s look much nicer, that's for sure. Despite of the longer wheelbase and the extra ~200lbs both car feel quite similar in handling, the Caprice seems to be tuned slightly more aggressive and has a slightly stiffer suspension. My Caprice comes with slight wider tires (235/50R18 , G8 with 18" wheels are 245/45R18) both are crappy Goodyear RSAs.

BTW I am in Wisconsin, any fellow Wisconsinites here?
Not aware of any others in Wisconsin, so far--doesn't mean they're not.

Understand it now---L77

So was there any issue with the dealer (Hendrick) selling "new" to a private party rather than L.E. only? Many others would like to know....has GM lifted the moratorium?

My reference to red was as a PPV--yes, have seen many red G8's. The PPV I saw in OK was not marked, had heavy tinted windows, and the guys at Covercraft knew what agency locally was using it. It did have red & blue lights behind the grill, as I recall.

The Goodyear RS-A tires are rough & noisy--and sitting in my basement. Using Continental Extreme Contact DWS all-season in stock size, much better. Next set of tires for the car will be the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3's.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

I am from Brookfield, so I am a native Wisconsinite. I moved to Texas in 1998 and have been in the Dallas/Fort worth area since.
56nomad

Post by 56nomad »

I'll chime in here since I bought the silver PPV from City/Hendrick. I found the listing on Autotrader and emailed the fleet manager who was listed as the contact. First reply was the standard no can do, agencies only. Then a few days later he emailed me to ask if I was still interested. He told me that GM had written the 2011s off and that he could therefore unofficially officially sell it to me. Sold as a new car although it did have 562 miles on it. He said it had been bouncing around the Hendrick chain and City had only had it about a month. So the right dealer might be willing to sell whatever new 2011s are left. I wanted a 9C3, and the silver and red ones were the only 2011s I saw.

Jim Bates