2016 Southern California

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
SSpeedracer

2016 Southern California

Post by SSpeedracer »

bought this from Chris at Cheyka Motors, couldn't be more pleased. Arrived with two original window stickers.
https://www.cheykamotors.net/2016_Chevr ... 165185.veh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've got a set of Camaro rims and Kings springs ready to go after i register it monday. Also got an LS3 cam and valve springs waiting for a conversion when time and money allows.

Quick question, where is the least expensive place to buy a duplicate key/fob? Am I stuck going to the chevy dealer?
Last edited by SSpeedracer on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
2016 Caprice
camrat68

Re: pumped

Post by camrat68 »

Awesome! I stopped there just today. Good people there.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
Black6

Post by Black6 »

SSpeedracer wrote:bought this from Chris at Cheyka Motors, couldn't be more pleased. Arrived with two original window stickers.
https://www.cheykamotors.net/2016_Chevr ... 165185.veh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've got a set of Camaro rims and Kings springs ready to go after i register it monday. Also got an LS3 cam and valve springs waiting for a conversion when time and money allows.

Quick question, where is the least expensive place to buy a duplicate key/fob? Am I stuck going to the chevy dealer?
They are pretty cheap from GM. I’d just make nice with the parts department guys. Get one for under $50 all cut and programmed.

Question. Does your trunk mat say Holden on it?

Welcome to the forum.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
kevink

Post by kevink »

I love that color... looks great!
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Black6 wrote:
Question. Does your trunk mat say Holden on it?

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks. No, I don't think it says holden, but I've got three dead guys in the trunk and didnt want to move them.
2016 Caprice
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

kevink wrote:I love that color... looks great!
Big reason I chose the car. paint code 102X is either PRUSSIAN STEEL METALLIC or MYSTIC GREEN depending on who you talk to.
2016 Caprice
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

prussian steel is the AU color name , and mystic green is the US color name , just like my SS is jungle fever green in AU , and jungle green in the US

and yes my ppv is mystic green also , welcome to the club !!
Attachments
ppv ss 2.jpg
ppv ss 2.jpg (527.4 KiB) Viewed 11385 times
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Thanks.

Swapped in the front King Springs with new mounts last night. Reattached rear door interior handles. The rear door lock push rods were loose in the glove box but don't fit correctly. I thing the mechanic may have thrown the wrong ones in the box.

I tested the rear window switches and circuit and I'm under the impression they are turned off in the body control module computer.
2016 Caprice
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Did you check the child safety switches? They tripped me up.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Did you check the child safety switches? They tripped me up.
Please elaborate. Does the safety lock position result in the rod interfering with the door grommet location?
2016 Caprice