New User, 2011 Caprice PPV 6.0

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Officer3311

New User, 2011 Caprice PPV 6.0

Post by Officer3311 »

Hello everyone! My name is Dalton. I recently picked up my first Caprice PPV and I do not regret my decision a bit!

A little about myself. I am 23 Y/O, I am a Police Officer in Indiana, Married to a woman who loves my hobbies just as much as I do. Also happen to be a Subaru junkie with an addiction of Impreza WRX/STis.

I have pretty big plans for my car. Full bolt-ons, aggressive cam, headers, and tune are in the near future. Forced Induction will come next. (I'm still undecided on going with an LSA blower or a Procharger)

Right now the car just has a muffler delete and a custom TBL plate I added. I cant wait to dig into this thing and see what it's capable of! I must admit, the instant torque from the V8 is super awesome ;)

I look forward to meeting/chatting with some of you and learning more about this awesome piece of machinery as the days go by.

Cheers!

Dalton

(NOTE - Oversize pic moderated. EC)
Officer3311

Re: New User, 2011 Caprice PPV 6.0

Post by Officer3311 »

Another shot of the car.

(NOTE - Oversize pic moderated. EC)
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Dalton,
Welcome to the group! Glad to hear that you have a spouse that is an "enabler". Good looking car and the full size hubcaps also. Cars can be an addiction, or so I have heard.... Lots of good info and people here. FYI, though, please see the max picture size/resolution, 1280x1024. If you can please re-size your pics.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey Dalton,

There's a lot of former & current LEO presence on the forums, we're very glad to have you here. I wish I had the Caprice when I was trying to stop people with a 2bbl Dodge Diplomat, would have been much more fun! Lots of expertise here on these cars that can assist on demand.

Please feel free to re-post your pics when you have them resized, the massive large pics you posted were moderated to comply with the forum guidelines.

Enjoy!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

A little late but welcome from a Canuck (soon to be retired) LEO.

What's the noise level like with the mufflers deleted? I'm trying to get an SS cat-back from JBA but they keep backordering it. SS headers and cats are also in the works. If I can't get the JBA system, I might just either delete the mufflers or weld in my own to the existing pipes.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
kevink

Post by kevink »

Mooseman wrote:A little late but welcome from a Canuck (soon to be retired) LEO.

What's the noise level like with the mufflers deleted? I'm trying to get an SS cat-back from JBA but they keep backordering it. SS headers and cats are also in the works. If I can't get the JBA system, I might just either delete the mufflers or weld in my own to the existing pipes.
I took my mufflers off for a week to see what it would sound like. It had tons of drone and it sounded like a ricer with a fart can when DOD kicked in. I did not like it at all, but sound is very subjective. You may love it.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.