looking to build a touring / track PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
UHAD2POINT

looking to build a touring / track PPV

Post by UHAD2POINT »

Hey guys. Long story short, I compete in an event called One Lap of America. You tour the country and drive on race tracks. This year I did it in a 2000 BMW M5; we drove about 10,000 miles all said and done.

Was looking at a Chevy SS but I'm not paying $47k for it when the PPV is so much cheaper. Not to mention, if you're gonna tour the whole country and drive 6-13 hours on the highway each day, you should do it in undercover style.

Basically what I want to do is strip most of the interior, replace the front seats with FIA-rated fixed-back bucket seats, install coilovers, roll the fenders, install CTS-V brakes, and do some power mods. I feel like LSA blower, cam, exhaust, and a better rear end would get me the performance I need.

Ultimately I would like to do that camaro 6 speed swap as well.

What's a reasonable budget for all this? $20k? Looking for a good donor car that maybe already has some good bolt-ons.

Thanks
Ash
Spectro Racing