Owner since 2007

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
nawafshrf

Owner since 2007

Post by nawafshrf »

Hello All

Thank you for accepting my request to join the forum. great information here.
Just an introduction about me and my caprice:
I'm a resident in the state of Qatar and have a 3.6l LY7 powered Chevy Caprice since 2007. It was passed on to me from my dad in 2011. For me at the beginning it was just an old car, I drive it everyday to and from work and some rash driving at times. I didnt take good care of it and finally the engine and some components died last year and have been resting for about almost a year now. I got a love for the car in the past 2 years and now I'm looking whether to get a used v8 Caprice or resurruct my current one.

After reading threads in the forum for last 2 months, I'm really excited to know what a great car it was and looking forward to buying a used V8 Caprice (Here we only have the L98 6.0l engines) and rebuilding it to become my daily driving sleeper!

Would like to know what parts of L77 are interchangeable with L98. I'm looking to get rotating assembly, cam upgrades,etc. Please tell me about the interchangeability in the LS family.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Owner since 2007

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! I'd expect you'd really not want much from a L77, since the difference between it and the L98 is mostly the displacement on demand (DOD) bits and the programming for that. Your L98 with a nice LS3, or better cam should make for a nice powerplant.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?