New guy

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Solardude

New guy

Post by Solardude »

I am a 2005 GTO owner looking for a 9c3 Caprice and stumbled across this site. Not much luck with my search so far as it seems that I am about a month too late. Anyone who knows of any in stock I would greatly appreciate the lead. Thanks

Josh
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New guy

Post by elc32955 »

Hi Josh!

Welcome to the system! If you're looking for a car the first, best place to start is with the pre-programmed national search I have set up in the links section, this will allow you to search national Auto Trader. Lots of cars get listed there and there's usually a good variety of cars listed off & on. A national Craigslist search also works sometime, if you don't have the link to the search engine we can show you how to do that as well.

Probably you'd have a good chance at a 2011 or a 2012. The 2012 cars received a few minor enhancements over the 2011, but in totality it didn't amount to too much. All of the 2011-12-13 cars that are 6.0L essentially have the same powertrain. 2014 is the same powertrain, the interior emulates the SS somewhat. 2013 cars are probably still sale restricted while the 2011 and 2012 are probably not. There is supposed to be $5K GM cash on a new 2011 if you can find one, so this will let you negotiate a better deal if you're good with a 2011 car.

BTW - I'm in Rockledge, over in Brevard County. I tried to talk Jared into a car a few months back right after the last Florida G8 meet, but at the time he wasn't having any... You ever go to any of the Orlando area shows, I have the Caprice out to a few off & on. PM me for more details.

Anyway, we're here to help. Good luck on your search, let us know if you have questions! Also I noticed for some reason your post duplicated a few times, I'm going to kill the dups.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Josh, Welcome!
Good Luck with your search! I hope you do find one. Just keep looking. Especially with the end of the year coming up and the new MY of the PPV coming out. Dealers don't want to get stuck with "old" inventory. A lot of these cars are being pushed around from dealer to dealer. Some are processed through commercial auction as some dealers clear out their old inventory. There could be some confusion at the dealership level as to what the status of these cars are. When I was looking, I would refer the local sales manager to a regional GM rep to become more informed. I bought my 9C3 after the dealership "sold" it to local law enforcement for 6 days. NOW the car was "used".
Don't give up and good luck1

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

Still searching. The 9c1 is seeming like the only option right now. I know its not a big deal to change out center consoles but I guess it can be a project for down the road a little.
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Depending on what you want to do with the car the 9C1 should work fine. The shifter is different so if yu go with the 9C3 or G8 console you would need the shifter as well but it should not be a deal breaker. Of course you could also just mount your own laptop on the 9C1 console...
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens