Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Micbrewer

Re: New member

Post by Micbrewer »

Hello my names Michael brewer and I'm in Decatur tx. I recently purchased a 2013 caprice ppv
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Heh, I was told by a Constable friend of mine to never purchase a used K9 unit. It seems they sometimes get that 'old dog smell' you can never get rid of, no matter how many times you pull the interior out and clean it.

Our cars are K9 units, though, since we often travel with our pups. Well, we say they're 'K8' units, since our knuckleheads don't quite rate as K9s. :lol:

We love 'em, though.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
l_c_vo

Post by l_c_vo »

kaylin4u wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:44 pm It had that K9 heat detecting device right around the steering column....I haven't looked over it in detail yet.
Mine is sitting behind the cubby under the radio. I also have a fan on the rear deck lid but they cut the wires. Was hoping it came with remote start but no luck.
kaylin4u

Post by kaylin4u »

Did you guys notice that the LED strobes or flashers are still embeded inside the front/rear lights? The aftermarket harness was hidden on the passenger side behind the stereo. Just wondering what you guys found out? Wondering what control box was used for them?

I know they're illegal to run, but it would be kewl to see them working. They took the time to jb weld them in the lights, so why not?

Also, I decoded my RPO's...it only has the horn/siren wiring harness in this package...no wig wag that I'm aware of (unless I'm wrong)

I did find a control box behind the stereo that's used to roll the windows down if it gets hot (I assume that's used with the AceK9.com box they left in my car).

BTW, I love the idea that these are K9 cars....my dogs love to ride!