New guy in AZ

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
JimmyGator

New guy in AZ

Post by JimmyGator »

Hi Everyone,
My name is Stu and I bought a 2012 9C1 two days ago. Been interested in them for a while now and finally took the plunge. The car was originally sold in Washington state and didn't find it's way down to AZ (I'm in Phx) until the last year or two.

It's a good car as far as I can tell. Looks like a Highway Patrol car, not an in-town vehicle, but that's just a guess. White car. Very few holes in the interior. Exterior is nice and straight. Previous owner didn't clean it up as well as he could have, so it's going to get better once I am ale to spend a few hours on it. Some holes but nothing offensive or irreparable. The main positive about it's condition is very little (if any) dings, dents, and scratches. Front bumper cover needs replacement due to push bar aftermath, but again it's all pretty straightforward. Upholstery in good or better than good shape considering 131k mi. Like everyone else whose acquired one of these cars in essentially blank slate condition, I'm really looking forward to some intelligent upgrades that make the car more drivable and enjoyable.

My wife has the "nice" car in our household so I needed a dad cruiser for everyday driving. So far, it's way better than I thought. Back seat is HUGE and swallows up a car seat better than my wife's fancy and huge SUV! It's perfect for me and my regular pattern of life.

I have to thank this whole community for figuring sooo much out about these vehicles. Looking forward to being a part of the group and doing my part to help others whenever able.

-Stu in AZ
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
JimmyGator

Re: New guy in AZ

Post by JimmyGator »

Welp - forgot some pics.

I couldn't find a buddy to go get it with me, so...
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5391.jpeg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 10292 times
And here it is on the ground and in the driveway
IMG_5408.jpeg
IMG_5408.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 10292 times
2012 Caprice PPV 9C1 - White - Big plans but just starting out with it - @Haute.Fuzz Instagram dedicated to car and build up
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the AZ crowd is growing !
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Looks like a nice foundation for a good dad cruiser.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

Thanks for the kind welcome.
s/c'd cav wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm the AZ crowd is growing !
Heck yeah! Seems like a good local chapter of a good larger community!
Mooseman wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:34 pm Welcome! Looks like a nice foundation for a good dad cruiser.
Thanks. Monday is actually my 2 year-old's first day at pre-pre-pre-school (summer school?) so the first mod to the car has turned out to be the car seat installation. Forecast is dusty tomorrow. Really dusty. So if there happens to be adult tears shed at drop-off its definitely the dust, ok?

I also have one pathetic newb question that I need some help with. I've sent 3-4 PMs to members regarding some for sale parts. The first one went from outbox to sent folder. But the rest are stuck in Outbox limbo. Am I doing something wrong or did I hit a limit of some sort? I'm sure it's a simple answer and I'm just doing something wrong...

Thanks Again
Stu
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

JimmyGator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 am Thanks for the kind welcome.
s/c'd cav wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:03 pm the AZ crowd is growing !
Heck yeah! Seems like a good local chapter of a good larger community!

Thanks Again
Stu
david said you 2 are going out for lunch thursday , the bad news travels quickly , lol
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

JimmyGator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 am
Thanks. Monday is actually my 2 year-old's first day at pre-pre-pre-school (summer school?) so the first mod to the car has turned out to be the car seat installation. Forecast is dusty tomorrow. Really dusty. So if there happens to be adult tears shed at drop-off its definitely the dust, ok?

I also have one pathetic newb question that I need some help with. I've sent 3-4 PMs to members regarding some for sale parts. The first one went from outbox to sent folder. But the rest are stuck in Outbox limbo. Am I doing something wrong or did I hit a limit of some sort? I'm sure it's a simple answer and I'm just doing something wrong...

Thanks Again
Stu
I can sympathize with dropping the kids off. Car seat space in the rear is epic!

As for PMs, I think outbox implies the PM hasnt been read by recipient. I could very well be wrong.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

lastcall190 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:47 am
JimmyGator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 am

Thanks Again
Stu
I can sympathize with dropping the kids off. Car seat space in the rear is epic!

As for PMs, I think outbox implies the PM hasnt been read by recipient. I could very well be wrong.

-J
Nope, that's it. The message hasn't been read by the recipient yet.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
JimmyGator

Post by JimmyGator »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am Nope, that's it. The message hasn't been read by the recipient yet.
Thanks Lastcall and CTD! 10-4!
CrashTestDummy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am david said you 2 are going out for lunch thursday , the bad news travels quickly , lol
Haha yeah I wouldn't be surprised he didn't describe it as lunch with his stalker. Everyone on the forum should know (if they don't already) that David in AZ (not totally sure of his handle here) is a great mascot for this community. I don't know if I would have taken the plunge on this car if I hadn'tve kicked it around with him for a few months prior. He's given me a LOT of his time, experience, and knowledge already. Certainly more than 1 lunch is worth, that's for sure.

Also, since I'm sure the suspense is killing everyone, the kiddo drop-off went great today. She started playing with the dinosaur toys immediately and forgot I was there. Dust was on a break I guess. ;)

Which leads to Mod #2... After reading the threads on the Kooks system and options, I called them first thing today and spoke with Johnny. He was extremely cool and helpful. Ended up buying the long tube headers and the non-green cat mid-pipe. I can't ever see getting away from NA'ed motor so I appreciated Johnny steering me there to save me a few bucks. Additionally, he did the same by advising me to wait on an axle back setup to see what I think of sound of headers + mid-pipe only. The dad-mobile aspect of the car means there's a noise limit that my wife will strictly enforce. Before I spend an additional $1000 to irritate my wife's ears I think I'll take a tactical pause and see how it sounds/performs at that point. Maybe I owe Johnny a lunch, too...

Thanks again all
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

JimmyGator wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:30 pm
CrashTestDummy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am Nope, that's it. The message hasn't been read by the recipient yet.
Thanks Lastcall and CTD! 10-4!
CrashTestDummy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am david said you 2 are going out for lunch thursday , the bad news travels quickly , lol
Haha yeah I wouldn't be surprised he didn't describe it as lunch with his stalker. Everyone on the forum should know (if they don't already) that David in AZ (not totally sure of his handle here) is a great mascot for this community. I don't know if I would have taken the plunge on this car if I hadn'tve kicked it around with him for a few months prior. He's given me a LOT of his time, experience, and knowledge already. Certainly more than 1 lunch is worth, that's for sure.

Also, since I'm sure the suspense is killing everyone, the kiddo drop-off went great today. She started playing with the dinosaur toys immediately and forgot I was there. Dust was on a break I guess. ;)

Which leads to Mod #2... After reading the threads on the Kooks system and options, I called them first thing today and spoke with Johnny. He was extremely cool and helpful. Ended up buying the long tube headers and the non-green cat mid-pipe. I can't ever see getting away from NA'ed motor so I appreciated Johnny steering me there to save me a few bucks. Additionally, he did the same by advising me to wait on an axle back setup to see what I think of sound of headers + mid-pipe only. The dad-mobile aspect of the car means there's a noise limit that my wife will strictly enforce. Before I spend an additional $1000 to irritate my wife's ears I think I'll take a tactical pause and see how it sounds/performs at that point. Maybe I owe Johnny a lunch, too...

Thanks again all
yeah i wouldnt have my caprice , if it wasnt for him , and ive known him for along time as well from out F-body days

i bet you were enjoying not getting kicked in the back ;) , gotta love that rear seat space !