New member checking in

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Humzila

New member checking in

Post by Humzila »

Just took delivery of a white caprice ppv -- 2011 with 425 miles.
It was a dealer demo in boston so its new with full warranty.
Shipped it to fort lauderdale.

Spotlight, dual batts, detective light, full size spare.

Looking to put in carpet and maybe spruce up the interior.
Just received setina front push bar and have their aluminum skidplate on order.
Adding a garmin 7'' nav screen and a seperate screen for front and rear cameras.

Humzila
l77

Re: New member checking in

Post by l77 »

Pics or you bought a charger j/k, welcome aboard!
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome to the group. I'm sure you will enjoy your new ride.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Humzila

Post by Humzila »

Will work on the pics.
Humzila
motorhead

Post by motorhead »

Did your Caprice PPV come from Mirak Chevrolet? Got mine from nearby dealer in Greater Boston area. Mirak had two of them, but they went pretty quickly. I had the dealer replace rubber flooring with factory carpeting as part of deal on the 2011 PPV I bought in October. Looks much better with carpeting - little quitter too. Nice purchase - enjoy.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Good deal, another Florida owner! That's four of us so far we've found! Welcome & congrats on the purchase!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the party! Hope you enjoy the new ride! We've all been modding our PPV's in our own way. Good Luck!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Humzila

Post by Humzila »

Yes mine came from mirak.

Was debating factory carpet vs custom, so just put in some temp sheepskin floormats i had from another car.
The rubber floor is growing on me and it sure cleans easy.
Been thinking about just having a real good set of thick carpet mats made and leaving the floors.

Is there a source or comparable for the right size mats -- what has the same floor pans?
I understand the front is g8 but dont know about the rears.
Someone suggested impala ?
Humzila

Post by Humzila »

Eric,
Are u happy with your performance mods.
Intake, exhaust and a tune are next on my list.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Very good. So far I'm happy with everything I've done, to a degree. I'd highly recommend the 2.92 to 3.45 rear pumpkin swap, also the Rotofab intake does well and sounds good at WOT. You could try a G8 Vararam if you wanted to as well, actually I think that intake probably has a cleaner look to it. The SLP power-flo exhaust is a little too soft for me personally, but I got it as a compromise for my wife. With all the baffling on the system, it might be interesting to try a muffler delete and see how a SLP Loudmouth setup does on these cars. I really want correct long tube headers, but I don't want to delete my oil cooler to get there.

If you ever make it up to Central Florida on I-95 stop in and see me, or likewise when I get to the Lauderdale area next. I get down there a few times every month or two usually...
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.