Hello from WA

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
TheCrapicePPV

Hello from WA

Post by TheCrapicePPV »

Hey Guys,

New member here (Dave), long time lurker. I've looked up a lot of stuff on here and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge.

I bought a 2012 6.0L this last February from a local auction. It had a collapsed lifter when I bought it and has been sitting since. I bought all the stuff for a DOD delete months ago and it's been on hold up until recently. I had another project (1967 Buick GS400) in queue before I could get to this one. Everything was pretty straight forward on the delete. The two major (annoying) things I ran into was putting the friggin dipstick back in, and unbolting the PCM (so I could send it out to have the DOD turned off) bracket. Other than that it was a good experience. Everything came apart easily and the inside of the engine looked great for how many miles and hours are on it (156k/8000+hrs).

Still need to install the rear end and have a full tune done. I picked up a 3.27 posi unit from a 46k mile Camaro SS...got it off of craigslist for $280.

Anyhow, looking forward to ripping around in this thing. Should be fun when it's all done.

Dave
20190221_160031[1].jpg
20190221_160031[1].jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 6349 times
weirdharold54

Re: Hello from WA

Post by weirdharold54 »

Sounds like it will be a fun one!
camrat68

Re: Hello from WA

Post by camrat68 »

Nice!

Welcome aboard!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.