2011 NY STATE TROOP CAR

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
TrooperSniper

2011 NY STATE TROOP CAR

Post by TrooperSniper »

Hello boys and girls. I picked up a NY Troop car at auction recently. This car was 1 of 10 of an initial order by the Troopers along with 10 chargers and 10 interceptors for evaluation. It has 174k on the clock. I did speak to the Trooper about the car. It was his take home car. No accidents or dents. It was garaged when home. He then told me that the motor was replaced at 149k. The tranny and rear end were done at 128k. The car runs great because this Trooper was a car guy and really took care of it. A few questions......if the motor swap was done this recently, would this motor have updated lifters that do not fail as they did in earlier cars? He did not let the car idle much at all after the new motor was installed as well. Also, I already asked on the Facebook site, up I might as well try here......does anybody have a driver’s side catalytic converters for sale? Mine is leaking on the flex pipe portion. They already replaced the passenger side while it was in service so I only need the driver’s side. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.
shawnjon82

Re: 2011 NY STATE TROOP CAR

Post by shawnjon82 »

I have a drivers side catalytic
Pm me
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

there is no updated lifter than never fails , and you only ever hear about the ones that fail
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Nice. Put up a pic. I m upstate NY too. Don t see many ny trooper cars as Caprice s up here.
2016 C1
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Yours is probably the closest to mine. You should post some pics too.

As mentioned, the lifters do fail but since they are fairly new, it may take a while. You could just disable AFM with a tune and run it as-is. They fail when they are activated. Fuel savings are minimal at best when it does work.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
TrooperSniper

Post by TrooperSniper »

Heys guys. 2 things....I found someone with a driver’s side cat. He has 2. One with a sensor, one without. Can anyone tell me which one I need on my 2011 without having to go to the garage and putting it in the air? Also, how do you disable the AFM and remove the speed limiter?