Hi from North Georgia

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
mbtech1

Hi from North Georgia

Post by mbtech1 »

Well, I've gone and done it. Bought a 2011 PPV thats been sitting under a tree for over a year. It has some pretty good mods - Kooks headers, 3200 stall torque converter, Camaro 3.91 rear end. On the other side, the suspension is really wobbly (bad). Ordered inner/outer tie rod ends, lower control arms. Have already put the original police steel wheels back on it. Also found 2 bad wheel studs and several different kinds of lug bolts. Found some good info on this forum about wheel studs and the nice lug bolt kit from Amazon. Also ordered the H&R lowering springs to get this monster truck ride height under control. Spent a lot of time cleaning it up, exterior shined up pretty nice. There is a rank odor in the interior which my neighbor has told me is from chewing tobacco >:/ Anyways, after I get this suspension stuff worked out will be looking towards a Texas Speed camshaft with a OTR intake and a fresh tune. More to come...
Attachments
IMG_4236.JPG
IMG_4236.JPG (4.16 MiB) Viewed 5229 times
CrashTestDummy

Re: Hi from North Georgia

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome!! Funny how small the Caprice makes a Colorado look. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Yuckydog

Post by Yuckydog »

Howdy! Where in North Georgia? I'm right up 575 in Holly Springs.
mbtech1

Post by mbtech1 »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:12 pm Welcome!! Funny how small the Caprice makes a Colorado look. :lol:
Yeah I know - it was a 400 mile tow. Colorado is a 5.3 and did pretty good. Tongue weight was a little tricky, car forwards was a little low, tried it car backwards, wayyy too high. Changed it back to car forwards.
mbtech1

Post by mbtech1 »

Yuckydog wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 am Howdy! Where in North Georgia? I'm right up 575 in Holly Springs.
Hey there Yuckydog - I'm in Dawsonville. Ever make your way over to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce? Can't wait to try this thing out.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

mbtech1 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 am
CrashTestDummy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:12 pm Welcome!! Funny how small the Caprice makes a Colorado look. :lol:
Yeah I know - it was a 400 mile tow. Colorado is a 5.3 and did pretty good. Tongue weight was a little tricky, car forwards was a little low, tried it car backwards, wayyy too high. Changed it back to car forwards.
Wow, didn't know you could get a Colorado with a 5.3. I thought they always came with a 4, 5 or 6. Interesting.

Tongue weight is always important. We have a 2800 dedicated autocross car that we tow behind our 2500HD D/A, and I can tell when it's loaded and off by 2". We have a stripe painted on the trailer deck we aim to hit on every load. It does matter. You can have the dog wag the tail, or the tail wag the dog, if you're not careful.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?