Hello from Saline MI

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
nmargrave

Hello from Saline MI

Post by nmargrave »

Hi just bought a Caprice ppv. installed a CAI, rotofab, and I am very happy with it. Plan on doing over things as money and time will allow.
2013 Caprice PPV RotoFab CAI.
I am not a Dr., but I'll take a look! ( I am not a mechanic, but I don't mind tinkering).
2013 9C1 6.0L Kooks to 3in Solo exhaust, Livernois tune, AFM disabled, with a manual oil block off in the oil sensor hole, Rotofab CAI, Viper alarm system with remote start, 8 inch subwoofer, Camaro transmission pan, daily driver.
Mooseman

Re: Hello from Saline MI

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome to the site. Nice start on the mods. Got any pics?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
nmargrave

Re: Hello from Saline MI

Post by nmargrave »

Hi,
Had lifter failure happen on cylinder 1, took me a week, but I got it fixed and all back together. Sent My ECM out to delete the AFM, also blocked off the hole that the AFM oil flows through, as a manual AFM block off. After that bought kooks headers, and solo performance exhaust 3in. I just put those on and now she purrs like a kitten. she just had a performance tune done with Livernois motor sports. So far I am very happy with the car, minus the Damn AFM. Why do they put the AFM in these cars..... I feel like it is just a matter of time before it fails....Plan is for Factory window tints and some rims. My cuz also does airbrush, So might get it air brushed. He mostly does motorcycles, but may I will let him dabble with my car. I want to put a cam in and possibly a supercharger, but I do not want to mess with the reliability of the car, as it is my daily driver, so maybe not. Bought the Factory service manual, damn thing was 400 bucks. Already paid for itself with cylinder one failing.
Nick
2013 9C1 6.0L Kooks to 3in Solo exhaust, Livernois tune, AFM disabled, with a manual oil block off in the oil sensor hole, Rotofab CAI, Viper alarm system with remote start, 8 inch subwoofer, Camaro transmission pan, daily driver.