Hello from Tennessee

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
mchlwvr614

Hello from Tennessee

Post by mchlwvr614 »

Hello everyone! I hope to get a caprice ppv soon. I think it's awesome that you can get one for a fraction of what an SS costs.

A couple of questions.
1. Are there any ever sold in the south east? Closest I've seen is 7-800 miles away.
2. Are there certain times of the year that you have seen agencies send these to auction?
3. When will more '15s and '16s pop up?

Thanks,
Mike
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Hello from Tennessee

Post by smwalker »

Would be interesting to see if there was a certain time of year they tend to come on the market. I am sure it might be tied into the budget cycle of cities/counties for when they get approval for buying new equipment plus the lead time it takes to actually get them, then of course the time it takes to decontent the old ones. ALL that would kinda imply it's just random and depends on many factors. BUt they do tend to come up for auction in batches as they get order to "clean out the yard!!"
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White