Horn Wire Location

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
DaveB1961

Horn Wire Location

Post by DaveB1961 »

Hiya Everyone I'm Dave and live in South Florida I have a 1992 Chevrolet Caprice Classic. My issue is I now had my steering wheel replaced with a aftermarket one. The fella who did it left me one wire for the horn, He did not hook the horn button up. So being years my original horn never worked i had a auxiliary one put it on the dash. Now that i have a new wheel i want my steering wheel horn button to work.
Ok now to my problem, The wire at the wheel is dead don't work. I need to trace it under the hood where i may have disconnected it years ago, I forget where I disconnected it. Does anyone know where that wire runs? Like on the drivers side, Passenger side or over the manifold.
I'm pulling my hair out trying to locate my old wire which i know i did not cut maybe just unplugged. Any help I would really appreciate this, This damn car is my baby its super clean and just want to have my horn lol. Thanks in advance Dave.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Horn Wire Location

Post by Pursuit »

Dave, welcome to the group! This forum is designed for the 2011 and up Caprices. There are some of the older B-body owners that are on here also. They might be able to help. I hope one of them will see this a chime in.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof