Locating Traction control and stability wires?

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Mikey

Locating Traction control and stability wires?

Post by Mikey »

17E254AE-4872-4EED-8C97-69B3FE810482.jpeg
17E254AE-4872-4EED-8C97-69B3FE810482.jpeg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 5556 times
Hi I’m new to the site I just bought a 2012 Chevy Caprice with about 110 on it had a G8 Interior swap half done on it the guy told me I’ll need it was wire up T/C wires and the front seats swap over to G8 seats. I got into under the panel we’re the t/c is and could not find any signs of these wires or connectors anybody have a clue where they Wires go into any kind of wiring harness where to look let me know thanks
lastcall190

Re: Locating Traction control and stability wires?

Post by lastcall190 »

Being a 9C1, the TC wires went to those two buttons in front of the shifter. It's a tiny plug, about 1/2" x 1/2". The wiring diagrams are here on the site somewhere, but I don't have them handy. Perhaps someone will chime in with them, else I'll find them later and post up.

As for the seats, I've never done that modification so I can't speak to that.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

For the seats, you have to swap the Caprice's seat backs to the G8 seat bottoms. You have to take the whole Caprice wiring loom to the G8 seat and take the two grey wires for the fore and aft motor by unpinning them from the G8's seat connector and adding them to the Caprice's connector. You also have to transfer the seat belt pre-tensioner from the Caprice seats to the G8's.

Used this thread to follow for mine.
https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... f=20&t=921

One thing that wasn't mentioned is that you also have to transfer from the Cap's passenger seat to the G8's is the airbag module. And save yourself a bit of aggravation by pulling the seat covers with the foams and slide back onto the other. Take pictures of how the stock looms are setup.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The Traction Control and Sport wires are probably in your shifter connector on the vehicle side. They used to continue on to the Factory 9C1 shifter. But ones they took that out the removed the wires to the buttons as well.

SO your options. Since you look to have a tap up / tap down shifter you actually do not need the "Sport" mode button any longer as once you move the shifter over to the right that should put it in sport mode (someone correct me if I am wrong on this) .

The traction control wire you can wire to a 9C3 switch that will sit on your shifter surround. That is the set of buttons that has the Trunk release on the left and the traction control button on the right.

Do you know if your tap up tap down shift is already wired up?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

No they do not have the shifting wires hooked up what I can see is the wires that are hooked up to the shifter might be the ones for the traction control and the Stabiltiak I’m just new yo this caprice don’t know much Yeah I got what I thought was going to be an easy
3C12763B-DD5C-49AD-AD61-B6562CB05F31.jpeg
3C12763B-DD5C-49AD-AD61-B6562CB05F31.jpeg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 5508 times
project car they had a back seats switched over to G8 seats and Handbrake has been switched over. Other than that all the lights have been deleted and BS plugs that I have to fix yet
FF29839E-091A-44C3-BD84-4330B2EABBC0.jpeg
FF29839E-091A-44C3-BD84-4330B2EABBC0.jpeg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 5508 times
but other than that I got underneath to change oil and seen that my sifter linkage was held on by plastic zip strips So needless to say I got short shifted
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yikes !! With that level of craftsmanship I would be inclined to take everything out and start over again.

But I am nuts.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That’s what I plan on doing going through the car now changed all the fluids twice now I just need to get the fun stuff to make it a man’s toy/ Soccer dad’s car lol Getting some exhaust done next week really hope I can figure out this wiring problem and locating traction control button and wiring