Hello from Central Ohio

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Juju

Hello from Central Ohio

Post by Juju »

Excited to see all the nice caprices and modifications. Looking forward to getting insight and offering any tidbits of information or support that i can. 8-)

Just had silencers cut off and straight pipes installed last week, sounds much louder. :D Installed solo axleback j pipes 4 years ago. Got the caprice in 2015 with approx. 80k miles. Currently at 96k. :oops: About to purchase vcm otr intake ($400), hp tune programmer ($488), and headers.

Currently sounds like it's cammed. Been going back and forth on whether i even want or need headers. :roll: debating between Jba headers ($370), kooks long tube ($875 shipped), pacesetters ($300) and doug (morley? $707).

Welcome immediate thoughts, ideas, and opinions on the above :?:

happy to return the same as requested or needed. :D :D :D
Attachments
1592432452216.jpg
1592432452216.jpg (71.8 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
2012 Caprice 9C1, satin platinum pearl with matte black graphics and matte black Str racing 19's staggered fitment....straight mids w/ solo axleback j pipes.
2009 Tahoe PPV, white (hers).
1997 GMC Sierra K2500 SLT extended cab, Tuxedo Black....Vortec 454 w/ Volant CAI, Hypertech Chip, and JET MAF.
Ausyls2v

Re: Hello from Central Ohio

Post by Ausyls2v »

the reat lip spoiler looks cool mate!
2012 holden caprice v
1986 vl berlina turbo bt1
2001 toyota echo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome!

Yeah, that spoiler and the stripe is cool.

For headers, also have a look at Maximizer for the SS. They fit fine for me except the one tube that rubs on the steering shaft so that tube needs to be hammered a bit there to clear. They've been good for me so far. JBA are also a good choice and they also have them in ceramic coated if that's in your cards. They did have supply issues with their factory in Mexico 2 years ago when I wanted to buy a complete system from them.

Have a look at my build thread.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Juju

Post by Juju »

Many thanks...funny you mention maximizer, i was just looking at those and wondering how they were. I also looked at some camaro 2010-2015 headers, dynatec i believe....wasn't sure that they would fit.
2012 Caprice 9C1, satin platinum pearl with matte black graphics and matte black Str racing 19's staggered fitment....straight mids w/ solo axleback j pipes.
2009 Tahoe PPV, white (hers).
1997 GMC Sierra K2500 SLT extended cab, Tuxedo Black....Vortec 454 w/ Volant CAI, Hypertech Chip, and JET MAF.