Houston 2014 9C1

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
berniemaccpd

Houston 2014 9C1

Post by berniemaccpd »

Basically copy/pasting my facebook post here

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Haven't driven one since they hit the states and I got to test drive my former department's demo vehicle and fell in love.

Work done by previous owner:
Front Brembo's
Roto fab CAI
Vinyl wrap
R&R OE Cam
Wheels/Tires
Camaro SS Leather wrapped Steering wheel (fully operational, thank god)

Work done since purchase:
R&R plugs and wires

It has typical holes from Patrol use, roof, trunk lid, Spotlight Pillar.
Apparently went through a hail storm at some point or a gang of midgets with ball-peen hammers went off on it. A lot of PDR opportunity. It's a good "30-foot" car right now.

Intending to put the steel wheels and stock tires back on... maybe ;)
Tint appointment in a week. Exhaust and Tune after that. If anyone knows of a reputable Dyno Tuner in Houston, preferably North Side, but I'll travel if necessary. So far, Pat G. has near unanimous recommendations but I keep an open mind.

The main draw for me is the sleeper quality of the car. I love the looks I get when I get on it unexpectedly.
IM28702

Re: Houston 2014 9C1

Post by IM28702 »

Don't they say that golf balls are dimpled because they fly faster through the air? Them midgets made yer car faster!!!
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Nice! I agree about putting the stock wheels back on. I never say anything about that cause so many guy put on other wheels and I don t want to be negative. OEMs just look better even though I know it s a heavier, cheaper wheel. So many people ask me , that don t know these cars, where did I get the wheels. :o
Attachments
IMG_0461.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 4202 times
2016 C1
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Nice! Getting it dyno tuned is the way to go after exhaust work. I got 400hp out of mine with just that.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

berniemaccpd wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 pm Image
Basically copy/pasting my facebook post here

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. Haven't driven one since they hit the states and I got to test drive my former department's demo vehicle and fell in love.

Work done by previous owner:
Front Brembo's
Roto fab CAI
Vinyl wrap
R&R OE Cam
Wheels/Tires
Camaro SS Leather wrapped Steering wheel (fully operational, thank god)

Work done since purchase:
R&R plugs and wires

It has typical holes from Patrol use, roof, trunk lid, Spotlight Pillar.
Apparently went through a hail storm at some point or a gang of midgets with ball-peen hammers went off on it. A lot of PDR opportunity. It's a good "30-foot" car right now.

Intending to put the steel wheels and stock tires back on... maybe ;)
Tint appointment in a week. Exhaust and Tune after that. If anyone knows of a reputable Dyno Tuner in Houston, preferably North Side, but I'll travel if necessary. So far, Pat G. has near unanimous recommendations but I keep an open mind.

The main draw for me is the sleeper quality of the car. I love the looks I get when I get on it unexpectedly.
Welcome!! Yeah, the sleeper quality is awesome. Really funny to watch Brodozer dood come flying up the left lane, only to stand on the brakes when they spot the spot. OTOH, the lives we may have saved watching people fasten their seatbelts when they roll by us or meet us at a stop sign is truly priceless. :mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?