Willy from Philly

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Willigaf

Re: Willy from Philly

Post by Willigaf »

Ohhhhh K. Figured out the burn out button. Hold it down for 5 seconds til stabilitrak off shows up and proceed to scare women and small children.

I’m more ok with the rear fascia of the car now because of how close it is to the smokey tires.

Went to the u-pull today to find exactly zero RWD GM sedans or coupes. 2 actually, right around the corner from each other. Did find a pair of shorty headers for my truck for $40. There was a whole homemade cat less exhaust attached but I couldn’t break it free w/o use of a jack or sawzall, both prohibited. Really it was a few feet of pipe, a summit Y, an old flowmaster and a dump. Would have sounded good on the Windsor. But I spent too much time there as it were. I get few days to chill, and blew a morning pulling that and a pair of 4 piston Brembo calipers off some unidentifiable front end in a pile of unidentifiable front ends. Couldn’t beat the u-pull price so once I get them figured out, to Craigslist they will go.

Got my senses together and took them to Southwest Philly and the full service yards. The couple I tried had none of the stuff I’m looking for unfortunately.

The website of one did have some things in Texas, Georgia, Alabama...

Not real helpful but it looks like the stuff I need will be coming from afar so, preparing for the raping and shippaging.
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

Good news on the local parts front. An hour away I found a yard with 3 or 4 PPVs in it today. Was able to find the window/door trims I was missing. Got both for a hundred bucks. Didn’t think to look for an A pillar trim unfortunately, but they’re probably there. Without the hole I mean. They have a G8. I might reconsider the interior parts. Some were broken and everything was mildewed from a broken window but maybe I’ll have another look tomorrow.

Found another yard, 25 minutes from home. Both from car-part dot com actually,(thanks guy that recommended on my wtb post) with a Camaro 3.27 lsd. Paid for it over the phone. Told me 80k, 2011 auto SS. Get there early and it’s still on a rack for the guy to pull from after his lunch break. Brakes are on the car and $100 per caliper which seems high. They have the crossover tubes which I’m not sure is desirable, but I’ve seen used here.

Anyway I take a peek at the rear to see 3.45 instead of 3.27. Whether it was an auto or stick I can’t say as it was too high to see. Maybe PO swapped it out, but, counter man and wrench man never made the connection, and I came home with a 3.45 for $300 even.

And my buddy has HP tuners so we can switch that in the computer for minimal cost.

I’m pretty frikkin excited.

In my short time here I have seen the appropriate fluids to use, and that axle seals and new bushings are recommended. I’ll look them up eventually. I have 30 days to make sure the rear is good, but it was a front end hit so I’m not too worried. Plus it’s all there for $300.
Attachments
831D8137-2285-4D8C-AE60-C6AF018364DB.jpeg
831D8137-2285-4D8C-AE60-C6AF018364DB.jpeg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 2632 times
Willigaf

Post by Willigaf »

The bad news is... I wanted to drive the car to those places today and when I turned the key all I got was a single clicking noise from the trunk. Ignored same a couple weeks ago after a short ride to the bank as it eventually started. Today, nothing. Pretty sure I’ve seen this in a thread here also, so hopefully there’s an easy answer, and thanks to those before me.

The Delco starter on rockauto is pretty affordable though.