Hello from central TX

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
DapperDanMan

Hello from central TX

Post by DapperDanMan »

Hey everyone!
Just picked up a well used 2013 PPV. Has 93k miles but a gazzillion idle hours.
Oh well, I was really just after the inexpensive (to acquire) RWD V8 platform.
Got a lot of work to do right off the bat with little things to sort out (at least I hope they are little), like getting a new battery, properly plugging all of the holes so they don’t leak, and getting the key that’s stuck in the ignition out. Then it needs a lot of cleaning.
Future plans are almost all performance oriented, but I may try to do some interior upgrades too.
2015 Caprice 6.0
Mooseman

Re: Hello from central TX

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome to the group. Post some pics. We're the visual type :mrgreen:
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

Haha, well it looks al lot like the other cars I’ve seen here.
Here it is the day I picked it up.
The lights are on because it was running. The battery was dead when I went to get it, so I left it running on the trailer for about an hour to see if it would charge. It didn’t. Battery was toast. I found out later that since the key wouldn’t come out of the ignition, the accessories just stayed on till the battery went dead.
Attachments
671A56B0-52B0-439B-B909-40D00EB26DF9.jpeg
671A56B0-52B0-439B-B909-40D00EB26DF9.jpeg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 5836 times
2015 Caprice 6.0
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Is your car the higher mileage one from the Deer Park auction? The low mileage one brought good money.

David
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

Sanford wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 am Is your car the higher mileage one from the Deer Park auction? The low mileage one brought good money.

David
Yep, mine was the high mileage one with issues lol however the mileage isn’t what was listed in the auction. The auction said 102k the odometer says 93k. Has a metric assload of idle hours (8k) though.
The other one was pretty nice and only 55k miles, but too rich for my blood.
I’ve got the hood closing now, had to modify the latch to raise it up. The secondary latch got bent and hits the radiator core support if you don’t hold it open when closing the hood, and I think somebody tried to slam it and bent that whole front section up very slightly.
2015 Caprice 6.0
Hesher

Post by Hesher »

Welcome!
I'm in Austin and got mine in March. Loving it.

Jason
2012 Caprice 9C1
1997 Jeep Wrangler
1997 Lexus LX450
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1977 Ford F150
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome. I'm new too. Please note that you may have 2 batteries. One driver's side trunk and one passenger side under hood. After a week of ownership I'm still smiling.

Here's a thread on stuck keys: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4217

It's not the miles on the car is the smiles in the car. I wouldn't be too worried about the hours. Having said that, I'd consider at least the electronic DOD delete and possibly new lifters and valley cover.. maybe new cam... but I digress.

Enjoy
John
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

GammaFlat wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:41 am Welcome. I'm new too. Please note that you may have 2 batteries. One driver's side trunk and one passenger side under hood. After a week of ownership I'm still smiling.

Here's a thread on stuck keys: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4217

It's not the miles on the car is the smiles in the car. I wouldn't be too worried about the hours. Having said that, I'd consider at least the electronic DOD delete and possibly new lifters and valley cover.. maybe new cam... but I digress.

Enjoy
John
Both of my batteries were in the trunk, one for the car and one aux for the police equipment. The car battery was trashed so I replaced it with a new AGM battery from Sams since Walmart didn’t have any.
After I get some maintenance stuff taken care of, a cam is definitely in the plans along with DoD delete, exhaust, tune, etc.
2015 Caprice 6.0