New 2013 Chevy Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
worth40mill

New 2013 Chevy Caprice

Post by worth40mill »

Hello fellas, I just got a new to me 2013 Caprice PPV i do have plans to do a console swap and little touches here and there. i have bought some G8 black interior pieces to completely black out my interior. i do have a few questions about some on the things i have heard and wondering if its still true.

Question 1: Has anyone been able to switch ignition cylinder lock to be able to change keys and maybe even get the flip key?

Question 2: If you have any console swaps could you add pictures? i have bought the G8 console and seems like it will work perfect but does have a lot of pieces.

Question 3: Has anyone been able to unlock the radios and also what rear view cameras did you guys buy and from where? also where you guys getting the extra wiring harnesses needed for the iphone and aux connections.
lastcall190

Re: New 2013 Chevy Caprice

Post by lastcall190 »

Welcome and congrats.

As for your questions:

1) flip key has been done do a search here. I think steve walker has a post about it.

2) search for pics here. Lots of members did the swap and posted pics. Yes it is a lot of pieces!

3) Chris White from WAMS for the radio is whom I and many others used. The cables? Again, steve Walker

I know search is redundant and an annoying answer probably but search via Google:

"G8 console site:www.newcaprice.com" for instance for the console pics. Good luck with the car

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

I did the flip key recently and I "caboosed" onto Steve's thread. http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0ad5847937

You can get the flip keys for less than 50 bucks (for 2) on eBay.

As mentioned in the link above, there's an "imobilizer" device that looks for a small chip in your key. You can avoid having to "re-program" it if you can successfully dig it out of your original key. I did a lot of bleeding attempting to re-use the old one (long story, not proud). I recommend just use the new one that comes with the new key. Re-programming is very straightforward. Also, reprogramming the buttons on your remote is easy. The third part is cutting your key. I re-used my key and removed the new "blank" from the "flipper". Good luck and ask questions if you have them. Enjoy!
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Turbopowered68

Post by Turbopowered68 »

@ worth40mill Looking forward to your build don't forget to add pictures.
2014 Caprice V8
Elgin E-1840 P, LS9 Head gasket, LS7 Lifters, PAC-1218 springs, Trunion upgrade, Single roller timing set, Melling oil pump, ZL1 torque converter, Camaro Trans pan and filter.
1986 GN
212/212 Roller cam, 1.65 HR Rockers, 60-1 turbo, XFI 2.05, E85, Ebay Front mount IC, Husek Built TH200-4R trans, 3.42 gears 3800# .
1968 Chevelle
LQ4, 4L80, 12 bolt w/3.42 gears