new

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Les

new

Post by Les »

Just got my first caprice it’s a 2012 9c3 from a local police department. It’s got 130,000 miles and had a collapsed lifter, fixed it and disabled the dod in about 2hrs and now going to put a few miles on it before I do a cam upgrade. Thanks for the add.
GammaFlat

Re: new

Post by GammaFlat »

I have a 2013 9C3. Mine has less miles and thankfully no collapsed lifter but I'm about to pull the trigger on an HPTuner so I can disable DOD, adjust the differential ratio (when I replace it - hopefully very soon), and tune other stuff at my peril :twisted: .

Welcome to the forum. There's great info here. Steve is great and you might consider updating your BCM and stereo with White Automotive and Media Services (WAMS). Chris can update your stereo so BT, Backup Camera, Aux in, USB - stuff like that works. He can also update your BCM to get you some garden variety features that don't exist in "cop cars" like interior lights when door is opened.

Be sure to keep us current with your upgrades or mods.

-John
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio