New 9c3 owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
redsled579

New 9c3 owner

Post by redsled579 »

Making my introduction official. Just bought a 2012 9c3 with 106k, was a West Virginia sheriff K9 unit. Doing the usual clean up after it's in service use. More posts and/or questions to come!
2012 9C3 Phantom Black ex K9 unit. - "McGruff"
GammaFlat

Re: New 9c3 owner

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome. I have a 9C3 as well. Any planned upgrades? Good luck and welcome. There are a bunch of great folks here and a wealth of knowledge.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
redsled579

Post by redsled579 »

GammaFlat wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:52 am Welcome. I have a 9C3 as well. Any planned upgrades? Good luck and welcome. There are a bunch of great folks here and a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks. First order of business is getting all the usual interior parts and wiring straightened out from all equipment removal, few upgrades after I take inventory of what all needs done.

Im sure I'll start a thread to document some things that i do that arent the normal mods that have already been well documented here.

I have done a few turbo LS builds, and i'm sure that's the direction this car will go. I have an idea in mind on it that i don't believe has been done on these cars before. Not going to say i am anyone special, but one of my friends and I have built some nice stuff. We are both ocd enough to make it pretty and functional. He is an excellent tig welder so when the time comes i will definitely pic whore it up lol

Been in auto repair my whole life (family buisiness) so im pretty competent, and most of the vehicle specific stuff i needed to know i have already found here. I am thinking of going the Holden look for that little bit of being a domestic exotic lol

I have been on many forums over the years, and this one makes me miss the old days of great knowledge base of yesteryear. I have been in the LS game a long time, and am mainly into GM trucks in all differnt varieties and years, and also have a turbo Buick but now the forums are so full of garbage and misinformation it sucks.

Here it seems to have great info and to the point, obviously due to the rarity of the car you shouldn't be getting a huge influx of total morons :D

I'm sure facebook may have more groups, but again that platform is pure idiot magnet imo. Every thought that pops in someone's head gets posted looking for an answer with them not wanting to do an ounce of research on their own.

The other great thing people forget about is forums the info is documented and searchable, not like social media.

So hopefully i can add some knowledge or inspiration to someone as much as i have learned here already
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! A lot of good people and information here.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

HI Redsled,

Welcome to the group. Did you by chance pick up the car at auction in PA? I saw a K9 9C3 unit there a few weeks ago but didn't look into it any more than that. I also have a turbo buick (86 GN) and a GMC Syclone in addition to my twin Caprices.
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
redsled579

Post by redsled579 »

Yes it did come from an auction in PA i believe. One of my friends has a small salvage yard and i got it through him. It needed a hood and grille and but he has a few parts cars that i already got all the body stuff i need from. Just have to pick through and find the cleanest interior parts to replace any damaged or missing pieces on mine.
JRWolff

Post by JRWolff »

From the auction photos, it looks like a clean car. If you have access to replacement parts, that is even better. Good luck with it - I'm sure you will have fun. This forum is a great resource for knowledge, parts and just general help. Welcome again
Twin 2012 9C1's
1991 R2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1990 V2500 Banks Turbo Diesel Suburban
1991 GMC Syclone
1986 Buick Grand National
redsled579

Post by redsled579 »

JRWolff wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:40 pm From the auction photos, it looks like a clean car. If you have access to replacement parts, that is even better. Good luck with it - I'm sure you will have fun. This forum is a great resource for knowledge, parts and just general help. Welcome again
Ya having access to parts made it feasible to get one with minor cosmetic issues without it turning into a huge money pit... yet lol
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

"McGruff" - I see what you did there! :lol:

Welcome. Since we tend to favor retired service cars, friend who is a county sheriff told me to never get an ex-K9 car, since they tend to have dog odors you can never get rid of. I've never done that, but it probably wouldn't matter much, since about all that goes into our back seat are our dogs. ;)
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
redsled579

Post by redsled579 »

yea It does have the wet dog smell lol, but not horrible. Rear seats must've been tossed back in when it went to the auction after taking the dog cage out, because they look brand new. Ill be pulling the whole interior to give it a deep scrub anyway so it should get most of it out.