Thanks for allowing me to join.

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
crd

Thanks for allowing me to join.

Post by crd »

I am new caprice ppv owner and a life long Chevy guy. I have had the car for a couple weeks now. It was a Charlotte Police Car. Here is a picture of it taken on the return trip to Nashville.
Attachments
20210920_101517_HDR.jpg
20210920_101517_HDR.jpg (5.46 MiB) Viewed 2112 times
GammaFlat

Re: Thanks for allowing me to join.

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome to the club. We need more details. Year, 9C1/9C3, plans, etc. I've found the NewCaprice forum incredible for information. I almost wish I was on the forum for 6 months before I bought but I'm still happy with my PPV ('13 9C3). Please keep us current with your plans and certainly ask questions if you can't find the answer with the friendly search button. I think you're in for a great "ride".
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Glad you found us here. It looks like the paint might clean up pretty good, guess Charlotte used white cars. Get the sticker goo off, clay bar the works, see how it shines up.

Also... notice you have the full wheel covers in lieu of the dog dish hubcaps. Is your car a 9C3 by chance?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
crd

Post by crd »

Eric
The car has cleaned up great. I think it is a 9c1. I will check the rpo in the trunk. I have been working on a p0303 code off and on since day one. Other than a rough idle the runs great.....and fast!
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

Welcome. Looks like a good start!
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just one suggestion... Call the Charlotte PD and get with their fleet department. Pull the maintenance records on the car, if it's already been diagnosed you might get lucky, could be the reason they deadlined the car for sale in the first place. I had to be a little persuasive with the State to get my records, but once they saw that I was not going away the fleet group ponied the records right up.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome!

Check if there are access to information laws in that state if they are resistant to giving you that info. We have that here and for $5, can request any info the government holds that is not restricted like national security. That's how I got mine and also info on the auction itself as to the number of bidders and bid amounts.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419