Drank the Kool-Aid

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
msanti84

Drank the Kool-Aid

Post by msanti84 »

I need to update my signature tonight! This forum was a great place to lurk during my pre-purchase research. Can thank the community enough. Can't wait to contribute.
-santi-
2011 Caprice 91C
1960 Chevrolet C10 - Project
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Drank the Kool-Aid

Post by Navy Lifer »

so, did you get one of the Karl cars--and what kind of deal did you make?

I GOTS to know!!! :mrgreen:
msanti84

Post by msanti84 »

I did. I got a 2011 91C with 63 miles (50 before my test drive).

I talked them down to $21k for the car + $1,500 accessories allowance = $22,500.

I'll go back in a few weeks to have a Havis center console installed (I just needed something with cup holders and arm rest) and remote start. Interesting note on the remote start: last week i told him to quote a remote start. Since I had learned (here) that there was an OEM option, I assumed that's what they were quoting. After realizing that they were quoting just another aftermarket unit - I went ahead and stepped all the way up to their Python SmartStart). But still not sure why they didn't quote the OEM.

They were also willing to over-bid my MazdaSpeed3. They gave me about $2k over book value. And since my trade was worth more, I didn't have to pay sales tax. So I felt really good when I walked out of there.

And based on the advice I got in my earlier "Lot Rot" post, I checked the rear window trim - both were completely missing. Nobody had even noticed. So they'll replace those as well when I go back.
-santi-
2011 Caprice 91C
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Santi, (is that correct?)
Good job! Make sure the aftermarket remote plays nice with the BCM. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on the car!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
msanti84

Post by msanti84 »

I suppose I could properly introduce myself. Matt Santiago. But I've gone by "Santi" since high school.

Since the dealership sold me the unit and is doing the install, I'd certainly hope they'd sell something they can support.

And I've got the car. I wasn't about to let it sit there for (?) weeks while they waited for parts. Even worse I would have hated for something to happen to my trade in car (that's happened to me before - Was on the way to sell a car to a friend, and I hit a deer).

If you need me, I'll mostly be hanging out in the stereo and exhaust forums. Also, who makes the best aviators?
-santi-
2011 Caprice 91C
phastlt1

Post by phastlt1 »

Very nice score....I put a Havis console in mine. The arm rest is a bit tall, but it is tolerable...Here is the link to the one I bought...

http://www.fleetsafety.com/18-enclosed- ... -by-havis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Good deal .
95_9C1

Post by 95_9C1 »

Congratulations! That's a great deal. In Jan of 2012, I paid above $30K with 1400+ on the clock.

I just installed a Gamber Johnson console: