....NEW Man in Town .........

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
MISSAN NISSAN

....NEW Man in Town .........

Post by MISSAN NISSAN »

G'day,
Neil here from Orlando Fla.... Formerly from Sydney Australia... been in the USA for 28 years after meeting a Southern belle and she tricked me into staying... well that's my story and I am sticking with it..... I used to sell New Holden cars from 1975 Until about 1981... I was at the release of the 1978 Holden VB Commodore It WAS A GREAT CAR THEN AND AN EVER BETTER CAR NOW... I have a Pontiac G8 GXP...and in the Denver workshops of Leftandutes.com ..almost finished is a 2011 VE Commodore Calais Wagon, 1st one in the USA... Might be done in 3 weeks.
Check out there site, the White HSV Maloo ute was in my garage for 6 weeks while the local buyer was getting his finance organised, now that's a nice Car....In fact my GXP is now on the SALE block I can't drive 2 cars and only need one, and after inspecting the Wagon last week it will be the keeper.... back in Australia I did own a WB Statesman Deville Chamois in color Fitted the AUSTRALIA 308 V8 Engine..... another nice car was a 1971 HG Holden Brougham .... The for runner to the Statesman Series that was released with the HQ Holdens. My 1st new car was a 1970 HT Holden Ute.... So ya I do know a little bit about there cars.

My Commodore wagon has 2013 PPV 6.0 Ltr engine installed...
elc32955
System Manager

Re: ....NEW Man in Town .........

Post by elc32955 »

Neil! Glad you finally made it over. Can't wait to see your wagon when you finally get it delivered from Randy's tender ministrations. Also glad to hear the PPV motor worked out well for you. Somewhere floating around the forums I put a pic up of the Maloo, but know you finally sent it down the road with the new owner. Crazy Paul floats around our forum as well in case you need parts or accessories off the Aus. Holden catalog.

We're very glad to have you here. And, since you're no longer saving the airline on a daily basis you have more time on your hands to play with cars now.... :)

Welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome to the group. I like wagons myself and really love the Utes. I think GM is really mossing the boat with not having those in the USA.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

The Tech wrote:Welcome to the group. I like wagons myself and really love the Utes. I think GM is really mossing the boat with not having those in the USA.
Welcome , and I couldn't agree more . I really believe the Wagon and the Ute would sell here in the states . Cause I know I would be on the list to get a wagon . Ain't she a thing of beauty !
Attachments
hsv-gen-f-clubSport-R8-tourer-exterior-1-sm.jpeg
hsv-gen-f-clubSport-R8-tourer-exterior-1-sm.jpeg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 13541 times
MISSAN NISSAN

Post by MISSAN NISSAN »

Guys,
Thank you for the Warm Welcome... I have tried to post a couple of pics but the reply i keep getting is file is invalid, so I guess I am doing some thing wrong... I failed to mention I am a body shop man by profession I started at a Holden Dealer right out of high school so I have been around New Holdens most of my Life Way back in 1969...

Kind Regards,

Neil.
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

Welcome, love the wagon. I would have taken one if the PPV was available as one like the old Caprice police package cars were. Would you consider bringing your car to a meet of PPVs, G8s and B-bodies if a few of us GA, FL and NC guys planned to get together one of these days? I want some pictures and the chance to meet some more great people with the same passion for these Holdens. Have you considered going on the Hot Rod Power Tour, The Tech did it this year and I really want to go next year. The HRM guys would loose their mind if they saw your car and you would defiantly get some ink in the magazine.

Lee Henderson
Gainesville, GA
2013 Caprice PPV, 6L, 9C1, Alto Grey, cloth front and rear seats, carpet, spotlight and 9C3 full wheel covers(thanks Scott)
Purchased two weeks ago with 840 miles used with manufacturer title.
Future plans,
short term- Akebono ceramic brake pads, SLP Blackwing CAI, Cat delete, custom Xpipe, HP tuner, 255/45 18 UHP summer tires.
long term- AFM delete, 225/230 cam, LT headers, alloy wheels.
maybe- full 3" exhaust, higher stall torque converter, drag radials, lower rear gears, suspension mods for traction.
MISSAN NISSAN

Post by MISSAN NISSAN »

Hi Lee,
Yes I would be interested in doing a drive to GA.... My sister in law is at Ft Stewart so we do know the road to there very well, are you close to there...I have not been able to down load pics for some reason, but I think Eric is able to pull some off the G8 Forum and re post them here for all to see....Go for it Eric... or I will send Him some..to post.The Wagon has been delayed getting a HSV GTS Front bumper.... the guy who imports them Promised me if i ordered one back in April he would have it here 3 weeks ago...second week of JUNE...Now it looks like it will be here the END OF August.....found this out only by me calling him ... he is one of those guys who forgets what he tells you and a liar needs to have a good memory his story changes... in fact its starting to sound like a scam to me.. Can't complain about his serve...there isn't any to complain about.

A local guy Don, has a Holden Ute, he just got back from the recent Hot Rod Run he said he couldn't get away from questions about his Ute, he said if I had the Wagon there next year I would no doubt have the same problem... with the wagon.. I will do my best to keep you posted with the final progress of the Wagon.

Regards,

Neil.
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

I am north of Atlanta, GA in Gainesville. I would drive down to the Ft. Stewart area to see that wagon and/or talk cars with you for sure. There are a couple of guys on here that live close to me that I am in intermittent contact with. I will touch bases, find out when the next meet up will happen and give you some advanced notice. If you are serious about HRM PT next year I would love to have you as a running buddy even if nobody else on here wants to go with us. I can be reached by call or text at 470-385-9029. I keep odd hours, so even if I don't answer I assure you I will call back. I am not the sort to dodge your calls or ignore you.
MISSAN NISSAN

Post by MISSAN NISSAN »

Morning,
Thanks for the reply, sounds like a plan I will keep in touch, Eric has a few pics I sent him to resize for the forum just waiting to hear from Randy at lefthandute.com to call and tell me the Wagon is ready... Check out his web site..

Regards,
Neil.