New to group, its awesome!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
vgi15303

New to group, its awesome!

Post by vgi15303 »

Hello all...Just came across this group...I have always been a fan of the caprice and used them for work up to 95! Always loved them more than any other PV. Was at a chevy dealer last Nov looking at an impala LTZ, when she rolled in on the truck. 2012 Caprice Detective. Asked the Sales Mgr about it, he shook his head said they ordered to many and they got stuck with it. Nothing mattered, wrote a check and handed it to him, said if that works its mine! Rolled out with 213 miles on it! Only issue was radio, but thanks to this great site, I have a solution, thanks everyone!!! :D :D :D :D
Tom Slick

Re: New to group, its awesome!

Post by Tom Slick »

Welcome to the group!
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Pics of the ride are in order :) Lot of people here with tons of experience that don't mind sharing knowledge and helping other owners. Good people on this system!

Take care
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

What engine, and what part of the country are you located?

Welcome--the more, the merrier!
vgi15303

Post by vgi15303 »

Im in CLT, NC and there is only one TRUE engine.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

How the hell do I post pics it won't work!!!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

A number of us will be in Charlotte/Concord at the end of the month at the ISSCA (Impala SS Club of America) event, which runs from July 30 - Aug 2. One more joining us would be a good thing--there were 3 last year, hope we at least double that number this time!

Details here: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/ ... p?t=340193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

Welcome to the crew. I was in Charlotte last month for HRM Power Tour kickoff. I ended up being invited by Mike Finnegan of HRM to follow him and his new project car Blasphemi ('55 Chevy 2dr sedan with a 532ci 426 based Hemi) up from Atlanta area to interview him and David Freiburger(HRM editor in cheif) about their Youtube show Roadkill, nobody has decided to publish what I have gotten down so far and I am still editing the nearly full hour long video forYoutube but, there may still be a chance that a web magazine might pick it up. I would love to go to Charlotte again and meet you but, I have not been invited by anyone for the show at the end of the month. I have an Alto Grey 2013 9C1 6L with factory cloth seats, carpet and 9C3 full wheel covers(thanks for trading me Novaduce). Got it with 840 miles it now has 2100. Only issue I am addressing is the factory brake pads. Making too much dust, squeaking at low speeds and being hard on rotors(reportedly). Switching factory pads for Akebono ultra premium ceramic (Navylifer helped me cross reference front pads with V6 Camaro units.) once they finally get here. 1st set Advance Auto sent had what I can only describe as spray foam insulation on them randomly scattered on them and assembly grease packet was torn and had made a mess, Mobile 1 oil filter was fine. Sent message to Advance they are express shipping pads and giving a further $25 gift certificate to go with the one that was part of the promotion I used to get them. Will use to get rears and do Mobile 1 Dexos oil change to keep AFM lifters happy. Please check out my write up once the verdict is in. My father in law in AR has a 2012 LTZ and I bet he wishes he had our car :D Have you done any mods? What color is it? You are in good hands if you are looking for tech support or new friends with a common interest. Feel free to drop me a line if you just wanna talk cars. I am always available to shoot the bull, if I miss you I will call you back. Not the sort to blow you off or ignore you. Here's my cell 470-385-9029.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Yes, welcome to the group. Great to have another NC fellow around. I am in Mooresville and did the HRRPT also. The kickoff party at Hotchkis was only a mile from my house. Look forward to seeing you and your PPV.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens