FNG and Holden owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
GXPaycheck

FNG and Holden owner

Post by GXPaycheck »

G8GXP and Chevy SS that is. Been curious about the PPV and saw a very nice silver one in Raleigh the other day that got me curious.
And I know Crazy Paul and Chris White (don't hold it against me!)
Hendo

Re: FNG and Holden owner

Post by Hendo »

Welcome, My name is Lee. How do you like the SS? Have you modded the cars? Is the GXP a manual? I am in North GA and have a 2013 PPV 9C1 6L in Alto Grey with 9C3 full wheel covers, the car is oddly optioned with all cloth seats and carpet. I am working on a homemade rear mount single Holset HX40W turbo system for it. I have wanted a Holden Caprice since 2003 when I found out that the existed in LHD for the Saudi market and had LS engines. Got my car last month with 840 miles manufacturer title, has 2800 now couldn't be happier. I would recommend getting one if that is what you intend to do.
GXPaycheck

Post by GXPaycheck »

I'm Brian, the SS is Mystic Green, and I'm lovin it! Already have some Holden mods done, thanks to CP, but I'm going to try not to do much. We'll se how that goes ;-)
GXP is silver with manual. I've had it to VIR a couple times. Lotsa fun!
I need a bigger garage.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome Brian! Glad to have you on here. That LS3 in the GXP will transplant into your future new Caprice just fine.... (grin)

Seriously, have fun & enjoy the system. Lot of good folks here!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GXPaycheck

Post by GXPaycheck »

elc32955 wrote:Welcome Brian! Glad to have you on here. That LS3 in the GXP will transplant into your future new Caprice just fine.... (grin)

Seriously, have fun & enjoy the system. Lot of good folks here!

Eric
I would lean more towards an LSA :mrgreen:
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

LSA? :shock: If I had my ruthers and the cash I'd go with something all forged and 6.2L+. I will most likely end up just keeping the L77, doing an AFM delete, cam, strengthening it and adding more boost later on. :ugeek: I like that green it looks similar to the Alto Grey online in the configurator. Pretty much the only colors I wouldn't want the SS in are Black and Red. Prefer the Green or White, would be ok with the silver.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Brian,
Welcome to the group! Crazy Paul and Chris White have more than proven themselves! They have been off of "Double Secret Probation" for awhile now!
You will find that this is a good group of enthusiasts!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Welcome to the forum .
GXPaycheck

Post by GXPaycheck »

Hendo wrote:LSA? :shock: If I had my ruthers and the cash I'd go with something all forged and 6.2L+. I will most likely end up just keeping the L77, doing an AFM delete, cam, strengthening it and adding more boost later on. :ugeek: I like that green it looks similar to the Alto Grey online in the configurator. Pretty much the only colors I wouldn't want the SS in are Black and Red. Prefer the Green or White, would be ok with the silver.
Sounds like a Rick Crawford project!
I was holding out for silver, but finally found a good pic of the Mystic Green and bought one the next day. Car looks amazing in person. Only 144 made in that color for 2014. Just what I needed, another collector car!
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Welcome to the group. Glad to have more NC members on here.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens