New Owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
GTObert

New Owner

Post by GTObert »

Hello everyone! I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2011 PPV. I'm still working on figuring out what package is what, but from what I've seen I believe I have a 9C1. The car came with a spotlight and the flat center console, but the dealer is filling the hole for the light and painting it up for me. I have some plans for this car that include a naturally aspirated 500hp minimum engine. As of right now I'm working on figuring out how to get headers and exhaust that will support this kind of heavy breathing. I appreciate any help that people are willing to give on this and any other subject. Thanks for everything and I'm excited to be here!
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
l77

Re: New Owner

Post by l77 »

Pics or you bought a Charger :D Welcome!
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

Welcome . Have fun you have a great platform to work with .
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey Bert!

Welcome to the forums! Owner base seems to be growing a little more rapidly now. Tell us about where your car came out of and how you acquired it... if you purchased a brand new 2011 that's probably one of the last few out of there. Plenty of people with expertise here on the platform to help you through just about anything.

Enjoy!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

So on a whim I was searching autotrader for my next car and decided to see if there were any Caprices nearby. I had the radius much larger than I usually do and a new 2012 Caprice popped up at a dealer in Iowa. They had it listed at $32k but it had obviously been sitting for years so I called them. Now I remember reading about the cars when they came out and knew that they weren't allowed to sell them to the public, but I was bored at work so I figured what the hell. The salesman said he needed to talk to the manager and call me back. He did, and he said he couldn't sell me the 2012 but he had two 2011s he would let go. He gave me a price that was the same as a used one that was nearby and I jumped on it. I negotiated into the deal that they remove, fill and paint the spotlight. They are in the process of doing that now and I will be driving from the Minneapolis area to Des Moines next Saturday to pick up my car!

As you might be able to tell by my screen name I also have a 2005 GTO that I bought new. It's a summer only car and it's getting up in miles so it's time for a new toy. This one will be year round, so I am really excited about that. Like I said, 500hp is in my near future and that might be the most exciting part. I can't wait to pick up this car and next week is going to be a long one!
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

welcome, and enjoy!
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Congrats on your new "toy". I'm certain you will enjoy it.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Congrats on the purchase! Have you thought about just flying in and having them meet you at the airport in your car? I picked up a hail damage special '12 Charger Pursuit 2 years ago and flew out to Oklahoma and was picked up at the airport. It made for a fun drive back...and a hard break-in on Route 66!
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

So I'm finally getting around to posting pics in order to refute the charges that I bought a charger, and I get the message that the file is invalid. What gives?
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I'd just use Photobucket or a similar service. That would eliminate any issues.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."